Forum's ranks

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Morning!

As you see now we have some standard titles/ranks below avatar.

I would like to hear your ideas what ranks should we have and when rank is promoted to next one. Or maybe remove them?
Give some examples, we will choose best and set them on forums.

Example:
Youngling - 50 posts
Padawan - 100 posts
... etc

I think it'd be a bad idea to reward those who post here a lot... this isnt a contest. And of course its an unavoidable question that what happens those who had posts on the previous two forums... its obvious these posts are lost and the number of those posts dont count here, but it'd be ridiculous to call someone "New Member" or "Youngling", just because said player dont start to spam here to make posts. This is why I suggested to rework this feature in another thread...

LoU

R2D2
I think it'd be a bad idea to reward those who post here a lot... this isnt a contest. And of course its an unavoidable question that what happens those who had posts on the previous two forums... its obvious these posts are lost and the number of those posts dont count here, but it'd be ridiculous to call someone "New Member" or "Youngling", just because said player dont start to spam here to make posts. This is why I suggested to rework this feature in another thread...
It's just feature based on posts count, it's like... in every forum software. I can't bring old posts, and i didn't know it means so much. We can set one title for every member, that's why i want to hear opinions from other people about it.

How about anyone can make own custom title for himself? :D I mean we lost the old post counts anyway. Or maybe you would have several tree of forum ranks, like if you're a smuggler/bounty hunter you could have ranks like that, or if you're a jedi/sith then acolyte, apprentice, Lord, etc.

You miss the point @LoU, the basic title system is broken here from the first minute, thanks to stuffs happened in the past. A veteran, who had 9000 posts in the previous two forums is now "just" a Member (I see you changed it), and someone who just found this mod yesterday and created an account today is also a Member. This is obviously misleading. This is why I suggested to create a custom title system if its possible, it'd be much more fair for everyone... OR just let everyone stay as "Member"... however it'd be kinda pointless to show this title if it'd be the only one tho, so in this case I agree with Jack's idea to get rid of ranks.

Anyway I dont see the reason why was it necessary to create a 2nd thread about the same thing, but sure...

Edit: nvm, I see you disabled the whole thing. :D

10 years of posts gone.
10 years of history lost. The flame wars, the pics, the vids, the drama, everything...
Not to mention my precious 2004 join date.:(

I always hoped the archive would come back one day when we transferred to the last site. But now....strange, never thought it'd ever be wiped. Always bought the myth that once its online, it's there forever....:confused:

Tons of content wiped...and everyone starts from a clean slate? Yeah.....................o_O

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
It was a fine decision getting rid of the titles in my view. It simply was an unnecessary design and made people troll whatever.

Fang

Donator
the forums are 90% flame anyway if that's what you wanted to reward half the time anyway but w/e my last post now

You can skip the entire 'post count' thing, and just let members make their own titles based on their personality. Of course they mean nothing, but it is their personality, many forums use this.
Although, this is an idea.

Outside the devs and beta members I was the only one with a title, with colors and everything for years.
I won the comic contest damn it! And then they started handing them out like candy. Pheh.

Don't even know if I backed those comics up. :p

I would rather keep it and treat as a prize for something:)
But then it makes people brag about how they are better than everyone else. It doesn't seem very fair for someone to brag about 'Hey there, I am better than you because I have this nifty title for doing <this>' It makes people feel like they aren't cool. Just allow people to have custom titles and we are done here. *Drops microphone*

LoU

R2D2
But then it makes people brag about how they are better than everyone else. It doesn't seem very fair for someone to brag about 'Hey there, I am better than you because I have this nifty title for doing <this>' It makes people feel like they aren't cool. Just allow people to have custom titles and we are done here. *Drops microphone*
Well... this is the whole point of receiving prize/winning contest, isn't it? You can set your custom signature.