Forum Feedback & Suggestions

Nice to see you were able to continue doing this, even after these things what happened recently. I didnt find a topic for feedbacks about this new forum, thats why I created one. I dont know if you need feedback about the forum at this point or not, however it'd be useful later, even if its not your priority now.

I think it'd be nice if the basic titles/ranks (like New Member/Member/Advanced Member/etc.) and the number of the posts would be hidden from now. I never liked the idea to show the number of the posts, because it represents nothing important, but since this is the third forum, this number represents basically nothing from now. The basic titles are connected to the number of the posts, so they're kinda pointless from now too. Same goes for the join date. These are just unnecessary placeholders now. Later, it may could be a good idea to implement a new title system, what gives the user a little freedom to choose a unique title (just like the username).

Anyway, the new forum looks good and its easy to use. However I miss the ability to click on the "chat bubble" icons on the main page to make them darker, what happens now only if I read the new posts in that forum. It was a useful feature on the old forum, because there always are topics what I'm not interessted about, so I dont open them, but the main page "shows" with the "lightened chat bubble" icons, that I have something new to read, even if I dont want to read them on purpose. I also miss the feature to set the alignment option to "Justified" when I post something. Basically nobody used it, but I did, so personally I'd like to get it back if its possible.

These may arent so important things to do, I know you have more important things to do now, but I think its important to give feedback about the mod, even if its about the forum itself. Anyway, good job, thanks for fixing stuffs and good luck for the rest. :)

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I think we wanted to wait until the website was up. The current forum layout/scheme isn't the final product. It's easier to get feedback on both of them.

Ehm... sorry for giving feedback?! ... :D I know this isnt final, this is why I wrote my thoughts about it. Anyway, this topic wont fade so it'll be like 2 clicks to rename it to "Website and Forum Feedback & Suggestions" or something... until this happens or you create a new topic for feedbacks, others also can share their thoughts about the new forum here, I think its kinda useful... because of these, I dont really understand the point of your post @Supa. :/

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Feedback is always appreciated, just throwing out the probable reason we haven't put one of these up yet. :p

I was just pointing it out that the website is still under construction and that the forums won't be completed until the website is, so things are inevitably going to change soon enough. Not by much, but they will change.

Last edited:
It was obvious for me that the current forum isnt a final product and you have other stuffs to do first, like fixing the masterserver and the launcher. The whole point of this topic was to create a thread where I and others can share ideas and give feedbacks for the devs. While the devs focus on the critical points, the community also can do something useful: giving feedback. Its unnecessary to wait for the website and for other stuffs, because its already possible to use and test the forum, collect data, and suggest ideas about it. When the other stuffs are ready to use, we can focus on those and giving feedbacks about them, helping your work to make stuffs better for all of us...

Anyway, I got another idea: it'd be a "better placeholder" if the player's clan would be visible. Its also not so important, but still could give more significant information than showing how much posts said player made. So the player's "title card" in threads would look like this:
[Name]
[Unique Title]
[/Dev/Tester Status/]
[Clan Name]
[Likes Received]

...instead of the current:
[Name]
[Common Title]
[/Dev/Tester Status/]
[Joined]
[Posts]
[Likes Received]

Note: of course these are only my ideas, its your job to decide when will you do it, or will you even do it or not. I just try to help, I dont say "do it naow". :)

Last edited:
I agree with your suggestions regarding the user post profile bits such as custom user titles and removing post count and join date. This being the third forum, they're really pointless to represent. If you want to represent your clan however, you can easily put it in your signature.

Also, there is a "mark forums read" feature. It's at the top near the navigation bar underneath "Forums", click the "..." next to New Posts and it will show up. If you are within a specific section of the forum it will give you the option the mark all the topics in that section read or you can mark every topic on the entire forum as read. This will remove the white chat bubble icons without actually reading every post.

TBH I missed the "Mark Forums Read" option, thanks for telling me about it. About the clan stuff, it'd be just another placeholder, just like the "Posts" are now... as I said I dont see any reason to show stuffs like join date, posts, etc.; but without these the "title card" would be kinda empty... thats why I suggested this clan stuff, I'm not sure its the best and the most necessary thing to be shown on the title card, however IMO its better then the current ones. If anyone else have better ideas, feel free to share them, thats why I created a thread about this, not just sent a PM to a dev.

LoU

R2D2
Thanks for feedback.

About mark forums as read, you can read posts which you are interested in, and then just click this button: http://prntscr.com/8lpe2o

AD. Posts
I like the idea, i think we should vote for this tho.

AD. Text alignment
This is totally low priority :)

AD. Custom titles
So, you wan't every user to choose his custom title?

Yeah I found it, thanks to Apex. :D I know my ideas are low priority stuffs, but I never told these must be done immediately, I just try to be useful on my way. About the custom titles... I want the now kinda pointless entries like the "Title", "Joined" and "Posts" to be hidden for reasons what I already explained. However without these, this "title card" would be empty, my ideas about the custom title and the clan are just suggestions for place holders on the "title card". It'd be great if we could set custom titles just like we did with our username... this could be unique for everyone, so the different title cards wouldnt be so similar.

Last edited:
TBH I missed the "Mark Forums Read" option, thanks for telling me about it. About the clan stuff, it'd be just another placeholder, just like the "Posts" are now... as I said I dont see any reason to show stuffs like join date, posts, etc.; but without these the "title card" would be kinda empty... thats why I suggested this clan stuff, I'm not sure its the best and the most necessary thing to be shown on the title card, however IMO its better then the current ones. If anyone else have better ideas, feel free to share them, thats why I created a thread about this, not just sent a PM to a dev.
Yeah the mark forums read was tricky to find at first. Anyway, don't get me wrong I agree with you on your original post. Displaying post count and join date at this point is basically useless. Post count is alright but everyone's already lost all their count from the previous two forums and there really isn't a reason for it, same goes for Join date. I'm not exactly sure what could go there in place, perhaps something like your favorite in game class or weapon? Or your Steam if you wish to display it? I'm not sure, just the first two things that came to mind.

There used to be forum groups on the original MBII forum from years back. Users could create one group but join multiple others. I think that would be cool to see again and it's also something that could be displayed in your post profile. Although I'm not too familiar with xenForo so I'm not sure if this is even possible but I would think it is.

Like you said in the OP, there are definitely bigger priorities at the moment but this is a good way to get opinions/suggestioms from the users. If the forum isn't complete then this should be a helpful way to make it the best it can be.

EDIT: Was in the middle of typing this when you guys posted. Custom user title would be cool

LoU

R2D2
I will leave it for now, let's see what others gonna propose. Regarding custom title i meant : New Member thing.

If post count is going to remain you should make it so posts in the Airlock count toward posts, at least for the person making the topic. New users come and make their first post there and it doesn't even count lol. It seemed odd to me that's all.

Custom user titles would be cool in place of that or if not that then a better system set up than "Member" "Advanced Member".

LoU

R2D2
If post count is going to remain you should make it so posts in the Airlock count toward posts, at least for the person making the topic. New users come and make their first post there and it doesn't even count lol. It seemed odd to me that's all.

Custom user titles would be cool in place of that or if not that then a better system set up than "Member" "Advanced Member".

It has been like this since beginning.

while it's nothing urgent or critical, lemme add my 0,03PLN

chaotic has got a point, there's no point of allowing animated gif avatars that don't animate in posts

also, i think we need a shoutbox on the main page
currently people use "new profile posts" list to post short messages, but there's a problem with it:
if you reply to someone's message using "comment" option, the reply isn't displayed on the main page
and if you reply using "update your status", the OP isn't notified about the reply, because you create message on your profile instead of his

LoU

R2D2
while it's nothing urgent or critical, lemme add my 0,03PLN

chaotic has got a point, there's no point of allowing animated gif avatars that don't animate in posts

also, i think we need a shoutbox on the main page
currently people use "new profile posts" list to post short messages, but there's a problem with it:
if you reply to someone's message using "comment" option, the reply isn't displayed on the main page
and if you reply using "update your status", the OP isn't notified about the reply, because you create message on your profile instead of his
Just use @mention tag while adding your status.

Cat Lady

Absolutely no offense meant for anyone, but I am, for one, VERY happy that animated avatars doesn't work. It's lotta hell distracting, when one want to focus on content. There is a reason why in old cars the "lamps" that should get your attention were blinking... For same reason, I don't like when avatar is trying to get my attention, I can handle it myself, thanks ;)

Supa

The Serial Stacker
The MB2 forums never allowed any of that flashy personal shit, like avatars, and signatures have always, for the most part, been text only except for a select few and even then they were all low profile.

Last edited: