Force Whoring.

I'm curious as for what the community thinks about force whores. Are they under-powered or over-powered, and do they compare to saberists in both supportive and offensive capabilities? Furthermore, are force whores with sabers more helpful or less helpful than force whores without sabers (e.g. trading a saber over for lighting 3 instead)?

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
It depends on who the force whore is facing. Vs gunner they can be OP. Vs saber they have to struggle. I think in general force whore is added to that list of "This is too op because I die by it". Which almost everything in MB2 has been called so far.

even for me who is really bad at saber combat i can deal with a full on force whore with no saber the ones with sabers do give me a lil bit of trouble but nothing too hard id fight a force whore over a really good saber fighter anyday of the week

I'm curious as for what the community thinks about force whores. Are they under-powered or over-powered, and do they compare to saberists in both supportive and offensive capabilities? Furthermore, are force whores with sabers more helpful or less helpful than force whores without sabers (e.g. trading a saber over for lighting 3 instead)?

I would appreciate more Jedi using force powers, it makes them easier to kill.

Does it?
tumblr_nbx35bgqYh1tm4sj7o2_500.gif

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
It really depends on who's playing it and whom they're against. I've seen several FW players that are very disruptive and win rounds from the chaos. Lots of the opposite is the usual case though.

Preston

Nerd
Would you say they're strong against jedi in a none-supportive role?
IMO they're strong against almost anything excluding the obvious like deka sbd and wookiee, but if you know how to walk/keep distance as a gunner. And walk and force focus+pull as a jedi/sith then you counter them easily.

IMO they're strong against almost anything excluding the obvious like deka sbd and wookiee, but if you know how to walk/keep distance as a gunner. And walk and force focus+pull as a jedi/sith then you counter them easily.
One major problem that I've had is defeating jedi, since you seemingly have to wait for them to make a mistake (e.g. wasting all of their force) and most good jedi wont make these mistakes. How does one effectively deal with a jedi purely with force powers? What kind of strategies would be effective against them?

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
I'd say it would all be about using force focus properly. Keep in mind it doesn't automatically drop down to 0 (as a timer of sorts) if you lose sight of someone. It's not really supposed to be an even match-up though. You are essentially trading off capacity to duel for more anti-gunner things.

I'd say it would all be about using force focus properly. Keep in mind it doesn't automatically drop down to 0 (as a timer of sorts) if you lose sight of someone. It's not really supposed to be an even match-up though. You are essentially trading off capacity to duel for more anti-gunner things.
You have to sacrifice your ability to effectively defend against sabers and gunners to have heightened offensive capabilities against gunners, but even then saberists can still get access to force powers such as super push, the only thing they're missing out on is a larger amount of force abilities and repulse, and saberists appear to be far better at handling multiple opponents than force whores. So would you say the trade off is actually worth it overall?

If we are talking about force whore wizard builds, they don't have lightsabers erogo have no actual defense.

All you have to do is shoot them and they will die, there are no force powers that can stop guns other than lighting but that requires them to face fuck you to be effective.

This is what I mean by they are hard to play as and use, because the light saber is the only thing you really need to be scared of when it comes to the force class. Everything else can be negated by just holding the crouch button and using right click.