Force Grip Revitalization

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
So everybody knows Grip is almost useless right now. Compared to Lightning it certainly is. With the idea @MaceMadunusus posted in the mechanics change feedback thread it gave me an idea how a similar function could fix grip to be on par. Sorry if format is bad I did this on mobile.

So currently all levels require a minimum amount of FP in the pool to activate and also has a long lock on time where the slightest bit off target results in it starting over. Level 1 stops enemies from attacking but they can still run around. Level 2 lifts them into the air immobile. And Level 3 let's the user manipulate them around. The huge drawback here is it does very little damage and even using all FP won't kill a soldier. (IIRC)

My proposed change is as follows:

Grip now has no lock on requirement before taking effect. All levels of grip are now able to perform the same stages of grip. Grip stages progress by prolonged use of the power. Upgraded levels decrease time between stage progression, or force power usage, or both. The higher the level of Grip used before release of target the longer the choke stun, level 1 provides no stun.

Example: Sith uses Grip on a Soldier. The soldier starts choking but can run around still. As the Sith keeps his crosshair on the target while still using the power it then starts to lift the soldier. As the power keeps being used he is now able to be thrown about.

Now to keep this in line, the Stage of Grip should also determine FP usage and damage. Stage 1 would be light usage and light damage, 2 moderate, 3 high. Class Points for levels should be readjusted for levels to follow with this. (It's something like 6-8-14 now? Can't remember exactly) But overall cost should remain same for Level 3 while making it less of a huge jump from 2 to 3. So like 9-9-9.

Any target affected by the Stage 1 Grip will be unable to attack, although it will not deactivate Jedi lightsaber so they may still defend while running. Stage 2 when it lifts would deactivate lightsabers.

Now this is just wishful thinking but a 2 handed AoE Grip at level 3 would be amazing, like how 2 handed Lightning is super powered.

Edit: Afterthought, if stopping attacks right away is too powerful maybe have grip slow attacking before it gets to stopping them completely. Maybe accuracy debuff on guns so Sith doesn't get full of holes before the attacks are stopped.

Last edited:
I like it, sounds better than current grip yet not OP. I think devs should start a new beta and implement stuff like this to see what people think.

This may make grip more viable but not broken as long as it can't be used like in the base game and throw everyone to their doom in 0.5 second, I'm fine with this.