FIRE NADES

So here's a small stanky tiny idea:
Make it so Fire Nades give you TK damage only with the initial blast and combustion, so if the fire is already ON the ground and someone walks into it AFTER it exploded it doesn't give you TK Points.
I just got le epik troll'd by sheo by him just dancing in my fire and gifitng me 200 tk points until i got kicked. I got le epically trolled.
With Regards,
Salty Retard

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
You could also stop using incendiaries... not that it's not a valid point. :p

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Yeah right now fire nades are basically a free tempban for u

You could also stop using incendiaries...

Incendiaries are great to cut off enemy gunners unless they're bold enough to just jump through, i should stop using them because i can get ding dong bannu'd? Might as well just remove them then
reeeeeEEEEEEE

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
Worst idea ever, don't listen to him omg pls !!! o_Oo_Oo_O

Yeah man, great idea. I can already see people blocking off spawn exits with fire nades at the beginning of every round because they no longer care about tk points. I understand that right now fire can be easily abused (I witnessed you being le trolled), but this suggestion can make it even worse.

Last edited:
So you can have people slightly delayed in leaving their spawn with the funny arsonist quickly kicked/banned by any admin that's on OR you can get banned yourself for using actual tools the game gives you just because someone feels like fucking you over.
gee i dunno fam, a hard choice indeed

So you can have people slightly delayed in leaving their spawn with the funny arsonist quickly kicked/banned by any admin that's on OR you can get banned yourself for using actual tools the game gives you just because someone feels like fucking you over.
gee i dunno fam, a hard choice indeed
How come an admin can't help you with your tk points then? Or warn the guy who's trolling you?

Let's say your idea gets implemented and you only get tk points on nade impact. Every last trollerino will toss those nades at the walls using alt fire, and rain fire on their teammates. And it will be a huge pain in the ass if an admin is absent. You can probably think of even more ways of trolling like that.

I agree that this needs to be fixed, but not by turning it into an ez trolling tool for assholes.

Solution: Make the damage from fire and !punish TK points from incinerating grant half the TK points than normal. Trolls who walk in the fire would have to waste more time to get you kicked (wasting like 6 rounds of 5 minutes dead = 30 minutes), and trolls who throw fire nades at teammates would still get TK points.

DaloLorn

@Liniyka_xddd Strategically speaking, losing an otherwise competent player for 10+ rounds is worse than being unable to occupy a given location for 10-15 seconds.

It's also easier to solve the problem of "not enough admins around to kick trolls" than to solve the problem of "not enough admins around to unban wrongfully banned people".

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Tbh, TK assists need a bit of a revamp/overhaul. This, along with things like ARCs repeatedly shooting rockets at a blob of Sith and getting half their team killed in a round are the best examples of why.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
There are definitely a lot of oversights in the TK system which could be improved upon. There's been a lot added since the TK system was implemented (assists, sonics, burning, shoulderbarge...) and sometimes it fails to contribute. The biggest ones that spring to mind:
  • Sonic pain stuns do not amount to TK points
  • Wookiee shoulderbarge does not amount to a TK if you use it to throw someone off the ledge
  • Assist teamkills should give a penalty prompt

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Well, I think there needs to be additional checks in place for things like sonic stuns. People might just get caught in the crossfire or even get saved by a sonic that stopped a Sith that was about to kill them. Cases like that shouldn't punish the sonic user. If a teammate gets sonic stunned and then killed? That's something that would be considerable for adding TK points.

We probably need an entire list of different scenarios where people can do things to kill their teammates but don't get punished. Pretty sure there's some creative methods we'll miss on our own..

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Well, I think there needs to be additional checks in place for things like sonic stuns. People might just get caught in the crossfire or even get saved by a sonic that stopped a Sith that was about to kill them. Cases like that shouldn't punish the sonic user. If a teammate gets sonic stunned and then killed? That's something that would be considerable for adding TK points.

We probably need an entire list of different scenarios where people can do things to kill their teammates but don't get punished. Pretty sure there's some creative methods we'll miss on our own..
Pretty much.

Sonic pain should work like knockdowns do, essentially granting the one who caused it an assist. This way it would be caught by including assist tks in the punish/forgive system.

Don't forget the kill system. For example, if you throw a nade and a jedi pushes it accidentally by 5 cm before it explodes, you don't even get an assist; when you throw a clever nade and expect it to be pushed by an enemy and still hit them, you won't even get an assist; if you throw a tricky rocket and the sith pushes it wrong into his teammates, you don't even get an assist. Rocketeer and grenadier builds and their scores are severely crippled by this kill system. I think the owner of the pushed grenade/rocket should always get at least an assist for the kill the grenade/rocket causes. This can also be useful for TKs from pushed rockets/grenades and make grenadiers/rocketeers more careful.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Don't forget the kill system. For example, if you throw a nade and a jedi pushes it accidentally by 5 cm before it explodes, you don't even get an assist; when you throw a clever nade and expect it to be pushed by an enemy and still hit them, you won't even get an assist; if you throw a tricky rocket and the sith pushes it wrong into his teammates, you don't even get an assist. Rocketeer and grenadier builds and their scores are severely crippled by this kill system. I think the owner of the pushed grenade/rocket should always get at least an assist for the kill the grenade/rocket causes. This can also be useful for TKs from pushed rockets/grenades and make grenadiers/rocketeers more careful.
That's a good point. Would love to see something like this incorporated.