•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Extra-Ordinary Lag Spikes

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
Windows 7
Wireless Network Connection
Steam version of JKA

I'm experiencing this issue for a week that is strange in itself since there was no such a problem before.
Basically, I have a smooth 30-40 ping then it protrudes to 300+ in every 15-20 seconds. (So the lagometer displays all those big triangles colored in green/yellow.) I customized Network Options in the mod however it didn't help. There appears to be some sort of differences but hardly noticeable. Now I'm experiencing this in Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer and in Killing Floor as well...and I'd probably do it in SW ToR too, so I doubt it has much to do with MB2.

I have to point out I have a bridge (so called "UFO" antenna, looks like a plate downwards) connection to the router. The bridge is connected to the router via cable, and my computer is receiving the signals from this bridge. Radio signal is always about 80% - Excellent. So I tried a couple of things. I made a speedtest, upload speed is about 30 MB/s, download speed is about 4 MB/s at the moment. Then I made a ping test in CMD PROMPT that indicates the same ping spike issues I'm experiencing in the games! So I found the problem is with the WiFi. So I checked if the neighbouring channels were covering one another and they aren't, they currently are in Auto setup anyways. However, my router and the bridge are using the same channels - is it supposed to be this way? Should they be divided to different channels as well? Honestly I'm pretty unsure about this. To open the bridge's IP is a hassle in itself.

I looked further, I downloaded WLAN Optimizer and disabled autoconfig. Then I disabled Interrupt Moderation in network devices (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller). I temporarily removed Avast from the computer since it had many troubles with uTorrent in the last few days. Nonetheless, the problem is still not solved, but the ping spikes became less frequent so to say. I mean it's about 30-60 seconds, sometimes even 2 minutes instead of 15-30 seconds, probably it's just a coincidence.... don't think it makes much of a difference, so the problem is still present. Now, what else can I do? I can't believe there is no other option since I wasn't having this issue 2 weeks ago. :/
Many said that for gaming, cable internet is the best way to go, well that's not an option since there is no internet power point around this area of the house.

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
Uhm, I've had that before, chances are that while your speed seems to be perfect, you might be experiencing packets loss, your best bet is to test if that's true and if so to contact your ISP to get it fixed.

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
I think I already tested it via cmd prompt and according to that, this is it. I had to guess if there's something wrong between the router and the Wi-Fi. I tried to run Windows in reduced mod, then the problem was not present. Then I had to guess if there was a program running in the background causing it in a way of avoiding my attention while in full mod. Now I'm clueless. So that's probably what I'm going to do next.