*EU* Official Hardcore, PUGs

Update 26.02.2017 -> *EU* OFFICIAL HARDCORE

Hi!

Good news for players who are looking for more competitive gameplay. *EU* OFFICIAL COMPETITIVE server is back under new name - HARDCORE and few new rules.

Since I have more time for MBII both development and fun with you guys on servers I decided to bring back competitive server and also host few PUGs from time to time. First PUG won't be announced here on forum but in game on our new server, if we gather enough willing to play players.

As for rules, we will keep it simple:
- Class limit 1 if team has 5 players, CL 2 if there is more than 5.
- Obviously no teamkilling, no time wasting, no trolling AND no forcewhoring.
- Remember to play as a team not as individuals!

New players -> Remember we are still hosting Mirror Event on our other server, you are welcome to join this unique game :)

TeamSpeak3 is still online, but we also recommend to join our Discord channel - Discord

Last edited:
You're not using the full potential of the class - needless to say having a saber and possibly infinite regen block. Consequently your forcewhore has to stand behind corners to keep himself from harm and is unable to keep his team safe from possible showers of grenades. Then there is the matter of keeping enemy (most effectively jedi?) charges at bay, a situation where you cannot keep your team from being flanked unless you had a saber (+an array of forcepowers) to stave off an unthinkable charge. Clearly non-forcewhore gamestyle favors teamwork more, as it is known from experience. Forcewhoring has its moments, but in general it lacks the full variety of defense and attack modes and flexibility to tie them both together. My 2 cents.

You're not using the full potential of the class - needless to say having a saber and possibly infinite regen block. Consequently your forcewhore has to stand behind corners to keep himself from harm and is unable to keep his team safe from possible showers of grenades. Then there is the matter of keeping enemy (most effectively jedi?) charges at bay, a situation where you cannot keep your team from being flanked unless you had a saber (+an array of forcepowers) to stave off an unthinkable charge. Clearly non-forcewhore gamestyle favors teamwork more, as it is known from experience. Forcewhoring has its moments, but in general it lacks the full variety of defense and attack modes and flexibility to tie them both together. My 2 cents.

I am of the camp people should use whatever builds they want and if they can make it work great. But if they cant perform adequately in the competitive environment with said build. Then they should have some sense to switch to something more viable.

But outright banning them doesn't sit well with me. Because banning meta stops people from exploring new ways of competing.

For all we know there is some undiscovered tech with wizard builds and we don't know about because people are not exploring the options in an intense environment.

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Who decides how long it takes to determine whether they "can't perform adequately in the competitive environment", though?

Who decides how long it takes to determine whether they "can't perform adequately in the competitive environment", though?

The people who are cursing at you and calling you a faggot because you missed one grenade toss. Its more about self awareness than somebody screeching at you to do something really. Unless there are like scrim teams and captains. Then you should listen to what the captain has to say in terms of overall strategy.

Last edited: