•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Error ad infinium. Require launcher files.

I've been unable to update my launcher. I have reinstalled JA, redownloaded all my MB files, turned off my antivirus and this messages persist everytime I try to install the launcher. If I had the actual launcher files this would be an easy fix. But the fact that the launcher was made the only way to update itself is fucking retarded.
Iaoix7B.png

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
You should have some log files in <MBII Launcher.exe Folder>/MBII_Launcher/AutoUpdateLogs/

Please upload the latest one.

You should have some log files in <MBII Launcher.exe Folder>/MBII_Launcher/AutoUpdateLogs/

Please upload the latest one.

Movie Battles II AutoUpdater file Created on: 6/14/2018 6:01:12 PM
===================================================
Initialising connection to server.
Detected OS Windows. Retrieving Windows Launcher Manifest.
Retrieved 680 bytes
Deserialising manifest.
Deserialised complete. There are 2 records.
Starting backup.
Checking if /MBIILauncher.exe exists in path C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData/
File found at C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe
Backing file up to C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak.
Error occured during backup: The file 'C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak' already exists.
Stack Trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
at AutoUpdate.AutoUpdate.BackupCurrent()
Beginning removal of backup files
Checking if file C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak exists.
File exists. Deleting...
Error occured during removing backup: Access to the path 'C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData\MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak' is denied.
Stack Trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
at AutoUpdate.AutoUpdate.DeleteBackupFiles()
Starting Launcher...
Using path: C:/GOG Games/Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy/GameData/MBIILauncher.exe. Command line:
Error occured starting launcher: The operation was canceled by the user
Stack Trace: at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at AutoUpdate.Form1.UpdateWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Delete this file:
C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak

Make sure nothing is read only and you are running with administrator privilidges. If it fails again upload the fresh log.