1.     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Error ad infinium. Require launcher files.

Discussion in 'Support' started by RoninJaknife, Jun 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RoninJaknife

RoninJaknife

I've been unable to update my launcher. I have reinstalled JA, redownloaded all my MB files, turned off my antivirus and this messages persist everytime I try to install the launcher. If I had the actual launcher files this would be an easy fix. But the fact that the launcher was made the only way to update itself is fucking retarded.[​IMG]

2. Defiant

Defiant Project Leader Movie Battles II Team Code Leader

You should have some log files in <MBII Launcher.exe Folder>/MBII_Launcher/AutoUpdateLogs/

Please upload the latest one.

3. RoninJaknife

RoninJaknife

Movie Battles II AutoUpdater file Created on: 6/14/2018 6:01:12 PM
    ===================================================
    Initialising connection to server.
    Detected OS Windows. Retrieving Windows Launcher Manifest.
    Retrieved 680 bytes
    Deserialising manifest.
    Deserialised complete. There are 2 records.
    Starting backup.
    Checking if /MBIILauncher.exe exists in path C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData/
    File found at C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe
    Backing file up to C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak.
    Error occured during backup: The file 'C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak' already exists.
    Stack Trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
    at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
    at AutoUpdate.AutoUpdate.BackupCurrent()
    Beginning removal of backup files
    Checking if file C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak exists.
    File exists. Deleting...
    Error occured during removing backup: Access to the path 'C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData\MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak' is denied.
    Stack Trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
    at AutoUpdate.AutoUpdate.DeleteBackupFiles()
    Starting Launcher...
    Using path: C:/GOG Games/Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy/GameData/MBIILauncher.exe. Command line:
    Error occured starting launcher: The operation was canceled by the user
    Stack Trace: at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at AutoUpdate.Form1.UpdateWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

4. Defiant

Defiant Project Leader Movie Battles II Team Code Leader

Delete this file:
    C:\GOG Games\Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak

Make sure nothing is read only and you are running with administrator privilidges. If it fails again upload the fresh log.