Entity shader re-mapping

to anyone on the dev team that would know, curious, were there any changes that prevent server-side entity shader re-mapping with files from other maps already in the game? AOD's old christmas DOTF for example, with the re-mapped snow etc.

i am trying to do it at the moment, i've done it successfully in the past, but now the re-mapping only seems to work if i re-map using textures from the map i'm trying to edit. i've tried on 2 different maps with the same result. if i try and change the texture with one from a different map in the game (like i used to be able to do), it doesn't work, re-mapping one texture with a different one from the map i'm editing, it works.

wasn't sure if there was some kind of change made intentionally to prevent shader re-mapping so thought i would ask

weird. do you possibly have any knowledge as to why this might be happening? quick example, trying to re-map some textures at the moment on mb2_duel_jeditemple and mb2_enclave, attempting to re-map several different floor textures on each. i've tried different textures from other maps, the textures show up black when i test. re-mapping using a texture from the folder path of the original, it works. i've managed to change the skybox using a sky from a different map, i've placed models and NPCs as well

haven't done this for a few years and i didn't do it much to begin with so it's been a struggle getting back into, one problem after another so far but i've pretty much got all the basics back down in order to do everything i want. this seems to be the last problem in my way

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I do remember getting that problem on Republic Cruiser when I was still making it. Sadly I have forgotten what exactly I did to fix it since it was over like 7 years ago. If I remember though I'll let you know.