EE-3 Crosshair Growth Inaccuracy

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I've found that if you fire with a particular timing with the EE-3 (non-sniper mode), the crosshair will grow as if your shots are getting less accurate, but your shots will still be perfectly accurate.

Steps to replicate:
- Experiment to figure out how quickly you can fire without losing accuracy, while scoped in (cuz it's easier to see your accuracy while scoped), then repeat this timing while scoped out and note how your shots are STILL accurate but your crosshair is growing. It's a pretty generous timing window to trigger the bug.

Presumably there's just some timing parameter on the crosshair scaling that needs to be adjusted to match the actual accuracy timing?

I've realized that the fastest way to activate my jetpack is to bind "jump" to two different keys at once. In my slightly-atypical WASD -> RDFG control scheme, I have jump bound to N and Z. This seems like the best way to minimalize my pre-jetpack vulnerability, but it also feels like kind of an obscure technique, so I'm not sure whether to feel bad about it.

Edit: Now my jump buttons are N and a mouse thumb button. This is even comfier.

Edit 2: See below for how I optimized this idea to allow for easy-input effectively-instantaneous jetpacking. In short: bind the second jump key to "-moveup; +moveup;" and then just press the first jump key followed by the second jump key as quickly as possible. The advantage of this special bind is that you don't need to let go of the first key before pressing the second key.

Last edited:
EE-3 - The gun, which learned to hide it's full potential to avoid nerfs... =)

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
EE-3 - The gun, which learned to hide it's full potential to avoid nerfs... =)
The max stable fire rate feels maybe only slightly faster than pistol though, and even a level 1 Westar pistol does 28 damage, same as an EE-3. (EDIT oh wait I lied, level 1 westar does 26, level 2 does 28. But the build I'd naturally gravitate to has a level 2 westar anyway.) I suppose you still have the advantage of a scope, the option of firing faster, and the debatably superior center-screen firing position.

(And of course, sniper mode to switch to, but right now I'm exploring the potential of EE-3 2 as an alternative to Dual Westars, being a big dualies fan, and them costing the same. They're both kind of complicated guns to use well.)

I suppose at long range EE-3 2 is not much more than a scoped pistol, or a regular ol' spraygun if you wanna spray wildly, but at closer mid ranges it shines since the spread grows slowly enough that you can fire about five shots in a row at stable head height.

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
you're a fucking genius
gotta try this some time
From testing, the main factor for how quickly you can takeoff seems to be how quickly you can hit and then let go of the first jump button, so that you can let a very brief moment pass and input the next jump button. Otherwise it doesn't register as "two separate inputs," I think.

Liniyka says it's also possible to just make a flat-out jetpack-as-quickly-as-possible bind, which is an annoying thought to me.

Hey devs, what if you removed double-tap activation and buffed hold-key activation for the jetpack? Holding should activate the jetpack sooner, and should be the only way to activate the jetpack. Makes it not script-abusable, and more accessible to newbies.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
you're a fucking genius
gotta try this some time
Double post for excessively spicy new info I just figured out:
Keep your regular jump bind as usual but bind a second button (I recommend a mouse thumb button) to "-moveup; +moveup;"
This'll let you input jetpack by just pressing Jump IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWED BY the other key, without needing to let go of the first key at all.

This lets you jetpack instantly, or as instantly as you can possibly press two keys in succession. So instantly, if you bind each key comfortably (I recommend one key on each thumb.)

@Devs I'm gonna use this til you fix jetpack. ...I mean, unless you ask me not to, because I respect you and all. All it does is give me a much more guaranteed retreat vs smart jedi (smaller push window), and a smoother, more guaranteed input for any kind of jetpack antics.

Last edited:

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
The max stable fire rate feels maybe only slightly faster than pistol though, and even a level 1 Westar pistol does 28 damage, same as an EE-3. (EDIT oh wait I lied, level 1 westar does 26, level 2 does 28. But the build I'd naturally gravitate to has a level 2 westar anyway.)
EE3 does 30 base damage btw

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Oooh didn't know about this spreadsheet. Ruptor primary's marked as 40 there and 20 in the library.

Interesting how E-11 secondary and Westar M5 both do 24 damage but M5's drain-per-shot is much higher, even higher than E-11 primary for that matter. M5's much more of a sithbuster than I would've thought, especially given the fire rate (although looks like most of the fire rates aren't on that spreadsheet yet.)

And T-21 secondary, on the other hand, has E-11 primary damage per shot, but worse-than-E-11-secondary FP drains. That's wild. Pistol burstfire has much worse drains than I would've figured. Didn't know the individual gun FP damages were that disconnected from the actual damage. Would be a good piece of info to have in the library, along with clearer info on locational damage.

Like the E-11 primary damage could be listed as "28 base. [84, 36, 19] (6-16, 14-21)" with the key explained on a separate page. :p Just to have the information there, accessible.
(The key being "Base. Head, body, leg. Blocking drain min-max, running drain min-max.")

Last edited:
Interesting how E-11 secondary and Westar M5 both do 24 damage but M5's drain-per-shot is much higher, even higher than E-11 primary for that matter. M5's much more of a sithbuster than I would've thought, especially given the fire rate (although looks like most of the fire rates aren't on that spreadsheet yet.)
I wasn't surprised by that, my game experience tells me that M5 is in a different league when it comes to FP draining right now, it was good to see it confirmed on paper.

The blocking drains inside IDR surprised me, as I never experience them. I thought if you block IDR doesn't matter. Every weapon should be draining 10-20 FP/shot, but block drains always seem to be 4-8 FP (so the values listed for blocking and outisde IDR) from my game experience as jedi/sith. Makes me wonder where exactly IDR is and how big it is. Cause I always thought that IDR is not too close and not too far, maybe the zone is small and I'm only in IDR for short times so I don't notice the higher drains.

This TTD seems weird too. So it's the time delay that has to happen before the weapon can again drain FP? Or what is it? 81,64 s for blob (outside IDR, block drain), looked very odd for me though. What does that accomplish? So if you blob a sith 3 times in a row (which you can accomplish in let's say 20 seconds), only the 1st blob drains FP?

And T-21 secondary, on the other hand, has E-11 primary damage per shot, but worse-than-E-11-secondary FP drains. That's wild.
That shocked me too, I thought t-21 is better in FP drain than E-11 secondary too.

Anyway, this spreadsheet is great, provides lot of information.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Makes me wonder where exactly IDR is and how big it is. Cause I always thought that IDR is not too close and not too far, maybe the zone is small and I'm only in IDR for short times so I don't notice the higher drains.

Outside IDR: > 410 Units
Medium IDR: 161-410 Units
Inside IDR: <= 160 Units.

You can tell when firing at a jedi/sith when it changes because the flash on deflect changes color from an orange/yellow to a blue. If its blue youre within IDR. Its a pretty decent distance away.

This TTD seems weird too. So it's the time delay that has to happen before the weapon can again drain FP?

Time To Drain. IE the amount of time while constantly firing at a stationary, non-regenning jedi/sith to drain them from 100 to 0 FP. Not actually a metric in the game code or anything, just something for us to gauge things. Not really relevant to all weapons either.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
to a blue
It's always looked like white to me. (And orange/yellow outside IDR, yeah.)

I wasn't surprised by that, my game experience tells me that M5 is in a different league when it comes to FP draining right now
It's probably more obvious from the saberist side of things, I'm usually on the gunner end where it's not as obvious how much of a dent I'm having on the enemy FP at any given moment.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Jeob said:
The blocking drains inside IDR surprised me, as I never experience them. I thought if you block IDR doesn't matter. Every weapon should be draining 10-20 FP/shot, but block drains always seem to be 4-8 FP
That's because of the massive reduction in FP drains while holding block.

That's because of the massive reduction in FP drains while holding block.
Thought so, but in the spreadsheet at the lower left corner it says 1 for both running and blocking drain multiplier, those values are missing then I guess.
So there's different "base" value for blocking and running and also different multipliers for each.

It's probably more obvious from the saberist side of things, I'm usually on the gunner end where it's not as obvious how much of a dent I'm having on the enemy FP at any given moment.
Well it's obvious from both sides, in fact I first observed it as gunner. Just play 10 rounds with e-11, then play 10 rounds with m5 and you should instantly feel the difference, given there are enough sith to test it out, but that's just natural in mb2 most of the time.