Duel Training

Karapuz

Donator
Hey there, Everyone.
I'm Kara & I really love MovieBattles.

My ingliz is not that perfect, but I will try to explain what is this theme about & the reasons I am creating it.

Little intro:

I came to MB not long time ago, I assume, my playtime is something about 5 or 6 months.
For all that time I nerded duels. NERDED is the most appropriate word.
I really loved this aspect of the game and I barely touched Open gamemode. I fall in love with those lightsticks.
Can not judge if I can stand a par with such duelists, as Princess Yashara, Sisi, Agent, Zero, Kael, SeV, Exodus, Sekundus, hleV, Jewbaca & a lot of other respected oldfag duelists, but I can assure you, that all time I spend in duels weren't wasted.

In some way, this game reminds me famous StarCraft.
I bet everyone felt this special feeling... When you improve yourself a lot, but still see, that there is no end for self-development.
The game does not limit the player, but gives him an infinitely huge scope for evolution.
Presence of such ''feeling'' is the most important in gameplay & such skill-based games can be counted on the fingers.

Newbies

As one of those people, who started to play this game since new saber-system, I can say, that this game is very kind to newcomers.
But Duel section in Library is just part of all you need to know and, to be honest, really little part.
My point is: You can read about PB, you can understand the way it works, but you still won't be able to read your opponent properly & at the moment whole game based on how do you Predict your enemy.

In the case you open SeV's sabering guide you just enter a state of despair, lose heart and the desire to improve completely disappears, despite the fact guide was written very good and explains almost Everything.
You just do not know from where you should begin.

Reason

Simple. Nonsense everywhere: community bury game 6 times in a day, complaining about how bad it is & how do they miss old times.
But most of them do forget about newbies.
I want to focus on newplayers. There are really lot of them nowadays. Some even felt same ''feeling'', as I did. They do have a goal to become really good in dueling, playing every day and seeking for an advice to improve.
I thought about creating such theme long time ago, but for one reason or another I denied such idea. Mainly, because I found myself not informed enough.

Since I have lot of freetime now, I am able to help to anyone, who needs explanation/practice in dueling & I would be glad to share knowledge with You.
I'll try to explain and show the way you should read or predict your opponent during duels, how to make proper combos with any style, how to act in any given situation, how to improve your skills faster & so on.
Even if you think, that you know the basics, I'd suggest you, in any case, taste your skills & knowledge with me.
Because that is the way you improve.

My nickname ingame is ''Karapuz' from now and till the end.
I am online GMT+2 from 13.00 PM till 19.00 PM every day.
If you're up for some training just write me in private or in that thread. You also can find me ingame & we could discuss it here.
We will clarify a convenient time for you all, maybe I will be able to play in different time too, if you need so.
Doesn't matter, if there will be only 1 duelist or 10 - if at least one person will respond it will be a positive result.

Your Kara

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
You make some very good points here. I sometimes forget how hard it can be for someone who hasn't even played Jedi Academy much in the past when he enters this world. I'll see what I can do in the basic tutorial department to maybe make it easier to get basics rather than reading my whole guide and going ??? well where do I begin?? What do I do now??

So yes. Let's try to help newcomers ^_^