Discrimination against Blue users

I've srsly been lamed just for using Blue and have also been told that people will dislike me and refuse to fight me if I keep using it.

So, could an experienced player explain why people have a problem with this style?

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
I've been playing MB2 for over a decade.
I have no clue how to duel, never visit duel servers, and only ever PB on accident.
I can beat at least 80% of people playing sabers in open mode by using blue and mashing random directions while attempting to swingblock.

I think that should make it pretty obvious that there's a problem with blue in the current system.

Eh people can do that with any style though. Anybody that has mastered swingblock can just facehug and spam combos and win against most people. Blue seems to predictable as hell though since it only has 2 swings and can be beaten pretty easily if you keep your distance and stop them from gaining too much momentum. That's just my opinion, which is pretty worthless since I haven't played for very long

Lol. I'm starting to think the real plebs are the ones that cry about a style simply because they don't know how to counter it

Sammy

Master of Whispers
Donator
Using blue, I'm able to get in 7 halfswings in like 2.5 seconds. I can also swingblock all of these since it's only one hit combos. Blue is, in this current system, easy to abuse and thus why many people look down upon it. It's just not a balanced style, and easily abusable.

Using blue, I'm able to get in 7 halfswings in like 2.5 seconds. I can also swingblock all of these since it's only one hit combos. Blue is, in this current system, easy to abuse and thus why many people look down upon it. It's just not a balanced style, and easily abusable.

Ty, this is the kind of response I was looking for. I guess I'll start learning purple or something then, but I have a feeling people will complain about that too. Rip

Sammy

Master of Whispers
Donator
Ty, this is the kind of response I was looking for. I guess I'll start learning purple or something then, but I have a feeling people will complain about that too. Rip
Imo you should begin with yellow. It's one of the more respected styles and is also a good 'middle style.'

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Eh people can do that with any style though. Anybody that has mastered swingblock can just facehug and spam combos and win against most people.
Blue has almost no recovery window on its swings. Others have fairly long ones (Cyan is probably the only other one with actual cancer qualities in regards to its startups). Even if you do manage to get a swing in during that, its defense rating is so high that the damage you do doesn't stick. Also ends up leaving you open to being locked up by the block anim garbage.

Blue seems to predictable as hell though since it only has 2 swings
Only predictable if the person is just doing the same ones over and over the entire time. Considering Blue also has short wind-ups (not even counting more difficulty from yawing), predicting it is in the same realm as Cyan. The consecutives are also basically instant regardless of which swing you pick so that throws predicting out of the question (again, you can basically only PB its consecutives if you happen to guess properly or the person is repetitive, which applies to any style).

and can be beaten pretty easily if you keep your distance and stop them from gaining too much momentum.
Blue has no slowdown on swings while moving around. This means that you can neither outrun it if you're in range nor catch it if you're out of range. This also means that if they do shadow-shadow swings to any degree of competency (whether intentional or not), it's even more of a headache than usual.

Combine all of the above and more with its damage on PB and you just get a good recipe for cancerous "dueling". Also see what @StarWarsGeek said. There's people who are terrible duelists that I can slaughter in like 5-10 seconds but when they use Blue (while still playing terribly) it suddenly takes 30+ seconds to kill them (assuming they aren't playing super passive) and it's an uphill struggle the entire time.

It's basically the equivalent of 1.3 Cyan minus the ability to rely (somewhat reliably) on counters to kill it.

Eazy E

Banned
Eh people can do that with any style though. Anybody that has mastered swingblock can just facehug and spam combos and win against most people. Blue seems to predictable as hell though since it only has 2 swings and can be beaten pretty easily if you keep your distance and stop them from gaining too much momentum. That's just my opinion, which is pretty worthless since I haven't played for very long
Spamming 4 hitters doesn't make you unbeatable. It's actually quite the opposite in the current system actually as you will build ACM slower than your opponent.

If blue is OP then use it, I see way more yellow players than blue players

''yellow is a respected style'' who the fuck cares lmao use whats most effective

use op style to fight against op style and youll have balance right there
No style should be OP.

You can't expect people to switch to blue or cyan in order to beat another blue / cyan user. In other words, blue shouldn't be able to successfully counter every other style, in my opinion.

I'm not a good duelist, but even I can see that something's wrong with blue. :D
StarWarsGeeks' post confirms it. :p

Reactions: SK5