Disabling “crosshair lock-on”

you need to understand that the third person camera and the gun trajectory aren't even parallel
the crosshair jumping around is just a sign of "dynamic crosshair" feature, if you disabled it, you would lose a lot of precision

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
No, it isn't aim assist. The crosshair is just using a ray cast form the gun to the hit location and displaying that on the UI. When it collides with the player hitbox it appears to jump a bit because the distance between the player hitbox and the wall behind it is usually a fair amount. It is just showing exactly where your gun is aiming not adjusting your aim to the character.

There’s aim assist?!
No, there isn't. It's called dynamic crosshair and it shows EXACTLY where your bullets will go once they exit your gun's barrel.

For example, let's imagine you're peeking from behind a corner and you stick your left part of the body with the head out, but your right hand with the gun stays behind the corner.

Even though you will have clear line of sight on enemy down that way, and you will be looking right at them, the crosshair will be stuck on the wall where your gun is. Why? Because you shoot from your gun, not from your eyes. And so if you try to shoot, you will hit not the enemy, but the wall, where the dynamic crosshair seems to be "stuck" - because your right hand with the gun will be still behind cover.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Ah. Large player hit boxes?

Nah, we aren't using the outer hitbox for this. It should be colliding with the inner one which is very tight on the model.

Ah. Large player hit boxes? I guess that explains it. So this would be far less noticeable in first person view?

It should be slightly less of a difference in first person view yes but still very noticeable.

But how does one deactivate it? Nobody answered :(

Would be cool to know how to reactivate too incase its just not that great

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
We don't currently have a way to deactivate collision with players while still being dynamic. You would have to change it to static and the option should be in the crosshair settings menu.

Why would you ever need to disable it?
If it didn't aim like the way it does then your crosshair would be in the middle of the screen as you're shooting way off to the left or right.
The way it is allows you to see where your lasers will fly.

I dont know... But anyway to hit people you need to constantly aim to the side and not on the model itself since everyone just D/A Dance for their lives while shooting everywhere... Doesn't happen so often that people just walk forward to you just to deliberately eat all the shots.

I've got much better results by constantly adjusting my aim to be at around 1/1.5/2cm on the side opponents are running at

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
It's cg_dynamiccrosshair and having it still stick to terrain but not to players was something I had put together before my HDD died a few months ago. Would have solved the massive precision loss if you didn't want it to stick to people.

I hate how much better my aim is in 1st person because it makes fighting Jedi/Sith way harder because your sense of distance is knocked off due to the 1st person camera not being directly on your body. So when you think you're getting away, you still get got.

Idk if this is a me issue either, but I feel like MB2 projectiles are laggy af. Like, I have to lead my shots 6ft ahead of the target even when they're right in my face (Jedi). That's way too much aim prediction, especially with Jedi that seem to weave out of the way of fire with ease, then you have to readjust and aim 12ft the other way. And ft is assuming a playermodel's foot = 1 foot.

And I know devs said they increased the general speed of bullets a few patches ago, but I feel like ever since then, I've had to lead my shots even more than ever before.

I hate how much better my aim is in 1st person
1st problem, 1st person is the worst way to play.
Like, I have to lead my shots 6ft ahead of the target
2nd problem. That's moviebattles 2. A little bit of the gunplay is accounting for lag, but the blaster bolts travel slower than bullets like other games. That's the fun of it.
That's way too much aim prediction
Nah, just practice.
especially with Jedi that seem to weave out of the way of fire with ease,
Well, I hate to sound like THAT GUY. But learn to kill jedi.

All in all, if you don't like leading your guns, don't play the game. This game is all about pace, timing, learning how to lead your shots to connect.

1st problem, 1st person is the worst way to play.

2nd problem. That's moviebattles 2. A little bit of the gunplay is accounting for lag, but the blaster bolts travel slower than bullets like other games. That's the fun of it.

Nah, just practice.

Well, I hate to sound like THAT GUY. But learn to kill jedi.

All in all, if you don't like leading your guns, don't play the game. This game is all about pace, timing, learning how to lead your shots to connect.
Why's there always some wiseass coming in trying to shill for the terrible mechanics?

'Don't play the game hurr durr, lrn2play!11'

I've probably played this game longer than you, and am better than you at it. So, I don't wanna hear it from some no-name.

Why's there always some wiseass coming in trying to shill for the terrible mechanics?
You complaining about the fact that you don't like how you have to lead your shots in a game 50% about leading your shots just means that you suck at the game and need to learn how to lead your shots. Just because you can't hit anybody doesn't mean it's a bad game mechanic.
'Don't play the game hurr durr, lrn2play!11'
lol
I've probably played this game longer than you,
I'm guessing you've been playing since 2013?
and am better than you at it
k bud

I don't think you can disable that lock-on in MB2's settings and you shouldn't be able to anyway. If you disable it your crosshair in 3rd person camera view will most of the time not be where your shots will hit. Your only option to play without lock-on is first person view, but you are putting yourself at a disadvantage doing so.
Experiment with Puppytines proposed commands and the FOV slider in camera settings if third person isn't working for you right now.

With the console command /cg_dynamiccrosshair 0 instead of 1 you can actually do what you want and see for yourself, but don't play that way.