•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Difference between JAMP client and MBII client.

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
Hi! So I'v been playing recently and I found that there are some differences between the JAMP and MBII clients that are slightly annoying. I don't know if these are known throughout the dev team, so here it goes. When running the game using JAMP. I don't see the opening MBII animation. Also, it is very unstable, as in 90% of the time a server changes maps, My game crashes. JAMP also looks really nice HUD wise. The HUD is a nice size, and the chat isn't obnoxious. Now with the MBII client, everything is way more stable. I can see the opening animation, but the HUD is wider than with JAMP, and the chat is bigger than on JAMP and slightly obnoxious. Also. MBII client allows anti-aliasing, so that is nice. When running MBII, the lag meter is huge, and so is the frame-counter (If they are on.) I like the way JAMP looks, but I like the stability of the MBII client. Is there anyway I can get the best of both worlds? I know these aren't huge problems, but I figured I would post anyways.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Already been answered here: OpenJK vs JAMP | Movie Battles II Community

1. OpenJK is an open source engine modification. You do not need jamp to use ojk.
2. Pros:
- fixed client side bugs and exploits
- in active development so if you find an issue the ojk contributors will fix it asap
- you can make your own client modification of ojk with pazaak and twi'leks
- new colours for text: grey and orange (will be visible just for you and other ojk users)
Cons:
- uses own config openjk.cfg so all settings will be reset to defaults (on the first launch), so when switching between engines you gonna face weird behaviors of unexpected configurations
- you have to write commands fully to count it as a command (else it will go into chat), so typing q and ENTER won't quit the game
- working directory is placed in My Games or something and everything will be saved there (screenshots, configs, demos etc) (to fix it you need manually add +set fs_homepath "." to startup)
- it is lacking of some features like ratio fix support (though they started adding it recently, but not completed), so everything looks stretched in the game
3. jaMME:p, because it brings most of ojk fixes and doesn't have ojk cons so it works like extended jamp.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Hi! So I'v been playing recently and I found that there are some differences between the JAMP and MBII clients that are slightly annoying.
OpenJK vs JAMP | Movie Battles II Community
When running the game using JAMP. I don't see the opening MBII animation.
Weird.
Also, it is very unstable, as in 90% of the time a server changes maps, My game crashes.
Intel graphics?
Technical Issue - Game Crashes on map change | Movie Battles II Community
but the HUD is wider than with JAMP
[SOLVED] - Hud is still stretched out and disproportionate | Movie Battles II Community

EDIT: Damn @Supa is fast.

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
When running the game using JAMP. I don't see the opening MBII animation.

I think it depends on resolution. With 1680x1050 i never saw this animation in my life (only sound) until my son started playing (@1280x1024). Then, i started to have it after switching to OpenJK exclusively for client.

/Cat Lady