Dev help: Custom FA Setup

1st Problem.

So ive gotten the auto map cycle coding down, However when i intially join my server its still on base custom FA teams even though i set it up a certain way

found this in the server CFG

// Uncomment and modify g_siegeTeam settings below to use custom FA teams when in MB Mode 4 (Legends), or set to "none" to use map's default team (effectively the same as Full-Authentic). Reload map if modified.
//seta g_siegeTeam1 "" // Default if not configured: LEG_Good
//seta g_siegeTeam2 "" // Default if not configured: LEG_Evil

Which ive uncommented on the siege teams, restarted the map and then it puts it on the custom FA classes i had set up in the code, is there anyway around this where i dont have to be online for it to automatically load up the custom FA teams?

2nd problem, changed the rounds to 3 rounds only 3 wins only to change to next map, isnt working at all for some reason. frag limit and round limit is what i changed and it goes past 3 rounds. is there a hard coded max round limit?

edit: i have to restart the map again when the next map loads for custom FA classes to show up, There must be a way to fix this so i dont have to keep doing this. i dont want to be online to have to do this which is the whole point of me creating a custom FA auto map cycle so i dont have to manually do everything myself

Last edited:
if any Devs want to try to tackle this problem. the first 3 maps work fine, however when it goes to a new map the first round is the siege classes of the previous, then it changes,

2nd problem ive found so far, Some maps just wont load up after match ends, matrix_lobby did not want to load up just kept us in scoreboard screen, had to restart map to get out of it, and when i did the siege classes for matrix lobby showed up but map didnt.

summing it up this can work without having to touch controls but it is very buggy, i will have to sift out all the maps that encounter this loading glitch in order for this to work, otherwise ill just have to stick to manually change map and classes which is pretty annoying cause u have to sift through an entire list at the same time people comaplaining to change the map already.

maybe let us have a ingame preset box to add in and once we click it will automatically place

Last edited:
Hello, you can try like this :

set d1 "g_siegeteam1 300SP;g_siegeteam2 lhd_urk;map mb2_duel_Starkiller_base;set nextmap vstr d2"
set d2 "g_siegeteam1 tmnt_tur;g_siegeteam2 DuelRevanSith;map mb2_duel_revan;set nextmap vstr d3"

You can also try adding wait 100 (or higher) inbetween the g_siegeteam and map commands. I haven't tried it myself. I can't promess it will work 100%, but it's worth a try.

Otherwise I would make different lines, one that set the siege team and another that set the nextmap. It's all about trying and failures. Also it's often the FA assets won't load properly if the map isn't re-loaded. (Not always, but still happen today). And regarding your first question in the OP, you should make sure you set this : mbmode 4 in your server.cfg.

Good luck !

cool i just noticed that the rest of my script didnt even have map in them but the first 3, maybe thats the problem gonna test it out

edit: Yeah not having map was the problem, guess i copy pasted a fucked up part of the script not realizing i pasted it down the rest! it works now!

Edit: Um_Castlevania, MK_Deadpool bug out and set server authentication to 2 FA for some reason, had to delete those sadly, otherwise it keeps it on FA, don't want to have to manually change anything.

Last edited:

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
Worth mentioning smod gametype also works for changing FA teams in Legends as well!
Example:
Code:
smod gametype mb2_dotf pbfa_dark pbfa_light