Delaying/Repeating scripts

Obviously I'm a novice and could use some help. I'm trying to make a string that makes use of a delay between lines of code, but I'm unfamiliar with this programming language.

How can I delay the time it takes to run the next line of code?

Is there a way I can make it loop a specific group of lines or should I stick with putting "exec <putnamehere>" to repeat the whole string?

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Are you talking about for scripts? There's a "wait" command which you can use thusly:
"exec <something>; wait 5; ..."

I'm probably doing something wrong, but when I test the script I can't do anything until it has run through everything (which doesn't work so well on a loop.)

EDIT**
Added more detail.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I'm probably doing something wrong, but when I test the script I can't do anything until it's over.
This is by design.
"Wait" command freezes any user input until it's over.

AFAIK, these is no publicly available command to execute some command in X milliseconds after previous command without blocking keyboard/mouse events.
I only heard that @Helix kinda found some way to partially implement desired behavior ("Rainbow script"), though I also heard it has some issue with input as well.

Helix

Hello. "wait" command is restricted server-side in MBII. (there's a way to bypass it tho :p)
In any way, wait is lame because it restricts input
I wrote an external application which sends the commands to the game console directly, every 2000 ms. It's indeed an unlimited pool of possibilities but requires knowledge of the programming / scripting languages. Pm me if interested.

And it has no input issues
Just the in-game anti-spam userinfo filter and inability to chat right after userinfo is changed, thus in most cases I have to pause the script to chat

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
"wait" command is restricted server-side in MBII.
Hmm...
Maybe I got it wrong, maybe I wasn't attentive enough, but when I was testing it, it worked for me. I didn't notice any server-side restriction.
Though it was blocking input, indeed. So it's useless anyway.
I wrote an external application
Hmm... So turns out it's an external application... Interesting... Hmm... Very interesting...

I remember during my first playthrough of GTA San Andreas, I was exhausted by exercising in a gym, since it was boring, required mindlessly slamming a keyboard and wasted too much time.
So when I had my second playthrough, I wrote an application that emulated input from keyboard.
I was going (in game) to a gym, picking some machine, pressing the hotkey that activated my program, and walking (IRL) to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. That have made my life much easier, I got Carl Johnson buff fast.
which sends the commands to the game console directly
Hmm... Interesting... Did you just phrased it poorly, or you actually mean it?
Did you create a program that really sends commands directly to the game console, or does it just emulate input like mine one?
thus in most cases I have to pause the script to chat
This is exactly what I meant by saying "some issue with input" :)

Helix

No, I phrased it correctly :)
The application accesses the game console directly and sends commands there.
P.S. scripts4life. In swtor, using self-written scripts I achieve by night (sleeping) the results which otherwise have to be achieved by weeks :p

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
No, I phrased it correctly :)
The application accesses the game console directly and sends commands there.
Ah, now I see it.
Despite console window is hidden once game is loaded, it still exists and available for input.

005c6ec1bb6d.png

Helix

Smaaaart guy! :)
Yes, exactly, this is default windows controls :)
It works only on windows jamp, but I have plans to make it cross platform with OpenJK. Soon tm.
P. S. Welp, I think I'm going to make it open-source soon cuz I plan to stop mb2ing for quite some time.

Last edited: