•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Dedicated Server not starting

Hi everyone, im having problems trying to get my server up (from my own computer, Windows 10), I downloaded jampDed.exe and placed it on GameData, also created the .bat like this:

Code:
.\jampDed +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 29071 +set fs_game mbii +exec server.cfg

.\MBIIServer
and like this (testing if this might be the problem):

Code:
jampDed.exe +set fs_game "MBII" +set net_port 29070 +exec server.cfg +g_dedicated 2

Both where placed on GameData folder, and finally i modified the server.cfg from MBII Folder with minimum changes as server name,password..
When i execute the bat my server doesnt create, and i get the following errors after loading all the pk3 files:

Code:
----------------------
142842 files in pk3 files
Loading dll file jampgame.
Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/jampgame.qvm.
Failed.
Resolving master.moviebattles.org
master.moviebattles.org resolved to 51.255.152.218:29060
Sending heartbeat to master.moviebattles.org
Resolving master.jkhub.org
master.jkhub.org resolved to 91.134.207.211:29060
Sending heartbeat to master.jkhub.org
Sending heartbeat to master.moviebattles.org
Sending heartbeat to master.jkhub.org
VM_Create on game failed

Im new to all of this and i dont have idea what to do now.. If anyone can help me i will really appreciate it.
Thx!

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Right-click on "Jedi Academy" => Properties => Security => give yourself all possible permissions, including all subfolders.
Delete files "cgamex86.dll", "jampgamex86.dll", "uix86.dll" from these folders:
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData"
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData\base"
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII"
Restart the server.
What happens now? Did file jampgamex86.dll have appear in "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII"?

Right-click on "Jedi Academy" => Properties => Security => give yourself all possible permissions, including all subfolders.
Delete files "cgamex86.dll", "jampgamex86.dll", "uix86.dll" from these folders:
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData"
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData\base"
  • "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII"
Restart the server.
What happens now? Did file jampgamex86.dll have appear in "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII"?

Thx Puppytine you were right, what solved the problem was the Security settings, that made the trick. :D Thx again!!

it's probably late, or it's already solved ... but in case some user enters to consult the problem and can not fix it, another alternative would be to create the server outside the game directory. In my case I had the same problem, and I solved it, moving the server out of the directory. Only with that already worked.