Awaiting feedback Crosshair snapping to X and Y axis during gameplay.

dwarf

Donator
During some sessions of MB2, my crosshair just seems to snap back into the X and Y axis when trying to aim diagonally.
Exiting out of MBII completely and re-joining seems to fix it, but i get it during random sessions while playing.

In the video below basically whats happening is while i'm scoped in and aiming up, i'm trying to move my mouse diagonally and it just keeps snapping back to the X and Y axis.
(No it's not a feature on my mouse, i have tried using 3 different types of mice, all with the same results.)
(Has been reported to me by other players.)

Thoughts?

dwarf

Donator
Here is another video, watch the slow motion replay at the end.
My scope crosshair is snapped to the X and Y axis, most notably during the sniper shot, the crosshair is snapped to the X axis and wont let me move my mouse until what i can only presume is because my i move A key (left) with my character and it snaps my mouse perfectly along the X axis.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
This looks like a problem on your end, rather than MB2. I've had this happen on occasion, in fact it happened right as I was trying to click on this comment box. This usually happens if I have my tablet plugged in and interfering with input, or the sensor for my mouse got a spec of dust on it. I just clean the sensor with alcohol and a q-tip and its fine.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Most touchpad drivers have an option for automatically disabling touchpad input when a mouse is detected, or adjusting accidental palm touch detection tolerances.

dwarf

Donator
I have a desktop PC, no touchpad.
It cannot be a fault on my end, i do not get this in any other game other than MB2, however i have not figured out how to trigger it, at the moment i just seem to be getting it randomly.

I have used 3 different mice now to test it, and they all have the same results.
I also reset my drivers and tested it without mouse software and i still got it 3 out of 10 game launches last night.

I also have members of my community reporting they have the same problem, and they have had to restart their game session because of it.

It's not such a big deal, you can easily just restart your session and it will "most likely" correct itself. Just a minor inconvenience.

You only really seem to notice it when scoped in and moving your mouse diagonally, short distance.

I'll make a video compiling what i find once I've tested it more, and hopefully can narrow it down to something other than being "random".

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Did you try the /in_mouse -1 command or lowering your polling rate as stated in the thread i linked

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Sometimes I have the same issue but I know for sure what causes it: if I set my sens too high (to like 9999) and then spin around for some time, then when I set it back to normal (1), the crosshair refuses to move horizontally.
I might have an idea about the root cause of the issue. The way the camera works in JKA is the following: for each player there are 3 associated accumulative values called view angles (aka yaw (left-right), pitch (up-down) and roll (not used)). Each frame they get increased by some other value which represents either how you moved your mouse or what your view angles were in relation to the corresponding axis. So if it's the first case, I might guess that with high sens the yaw value gets overflown over time and requires a game restart. I have never had this issue with low sens, only with absurdly high one.

dwarf

Donator
Did you try the /in_mouse -1 command or lowering your polling rate as stated in the thread i linked

The problem doesn't regard moue input or it's polling rate, the cross-hair is locking to the the camera's X and Y axis, which with what Helix mentions makes sense.

Sometimes I have the same issue but I know for sure what causes it: if I set my sens too high (to like 9999) and then spin around for some time, then when I set it back to normal (1), the cross-hair refuses to move horizontally.
I might have an idea about the root cause of the issue. The way the camera works in JKA is the following: for each player there are 3 associated accumulative values called view angles (aka yaw (left-right), pitch (up-down) and roll (not used)). Each frame they get increased by some other value which represents either how you moved your mouse or what your view angles were in relation to the corresponding axis. So if it's the first case, I might guess that with high sens the yaw value gets overflown over time and requires a game restart. I have never had this issue with low sens, only with absurdly high one.

It's interesting that you were able to get it to work like that, would you be able to video exactly how you recreated it?
Your method made sense to me, as on our servers, i play around by circling my camera very fast and doing 360 shots, so i thought it was right.
I tested your method in game by playing around with sensitivity and yaw-speed, and playing for about an hour, cycling through different speeds, but could not forcefully duplicate it.

It still seems to be a random occurrence for me. Since last testing it, i get it about 30% of the time starting a new session, and it happens right away.
I pop into game, select my class and the cross-hair just locks to the X and Y axis unless i use very forceful movement.

Like i said though, if anyone gets this problem, a game restart (full exit) "generally" it. I've only had happen twice in a row, once.