Cool features from Movie Duels that should be in Movie Battles.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3500
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3500

In Movie Duels, when you kill an enemy with a lightsaber, you are rewarded FP (Force Points) when in MD Saber Mode. MD Mode is similar to Movie Battles' mechanics where deflecting blasters costs FP, but this also applies to duels. Movie Battles should have a mechanic where if you kill an enemy, you gain a small chunk of your FP back, and this would make for an excellent risk/reward system for the player for playing a Jedi or Sith class effectively, and would also make gaining back FP alot easier than having to wait for it to slowly recharge or having to meditate.

(It should be noted kills from a blaster deflect will not restore FP. Only kills with the saber itself, which also includes a successful killing blow from a saber throw.)

Accordingly in terms of mechanics, Movie Duels also introduced a catch ledge mechanic, where you can stop yourself from a nasty fall to your death when jumping to a platform or ledge, and you can catch it by jumping close to the ledge where a grab animation will play, and you'll hang from the ledge, pressing the forward movement key + spacebar will then allow you to pull yourself up, or you can shimmy along the ledge while you hang by pressing the left or right movement keys, pressing back movement key + spacebar will make you drop from the ledge, to a lower surface or.... well, to your death.

1663133614496.png
1663133409528.png

D

Deleted member 3500

Also make killstreak rewards and lvl up progression system and each saber color have different ability with nice visual effect like in tfu and add force scream that's also cool

Might be an idea. Killstreak reward system would be kinda neat.

Also make killstreak rewards and lvl up progression system and each saber color have different ability with nice visual effect like in tfu and add force scream that's also cool
i agree, mb2 simply needs to be a live service game with battlepass, mircotransactions, and lootboxes, only then will the game be balanced

Kodar

Internal Beta Team
Excellent, a mechanic further encouraging suicidal jedi gameplay courtesy of a 1 shot melee weapon.

Please stop.

I know this post is mostly meme central rn but—

I’m honestly shocked jedi/sith can’t hold onto ledges. With the amount of cool options they’re given mobility wise (some of which are very user choice and sometimes hardly used) I doubt it’s a matter of “balance” or trying to limit something (Though it could be due to many other limits ofc). And it feels very on brand for star wars (Luke leaping from the board like peter pan, The legendary maul killer leap from youngbi wan, etc.) and if nothing else one of my top favorite things about MBII is being able to pull off “movie like” scenes like that ESPECIALLY in open combat.

And yes I understand that wall cling >> wall jump exists but that’s a completely different set of movement options imo.

But within the bounds of that kind of thinking, Perhaps jump 3 lets you do the vertical launch from ledge grabbing and without you just climb/drop or hop up? (Same would go for high dex arcs probably)

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I know this post is mostly meme central rn but—

I’m honestly shocked jedi/sith can’t hold onto ledges. With the amount of cool options they’re given mobility wise (some of which are very user choice and sometimes hardly used) I doubt it’s a matter of “balance” or trying to limit something (Though it could be due to many other limits ofc). And it feels very on brand for star wars (Luke leaping from the board like peter pan, The legendary maul killer leap from youngbi wan, etc.) and if nothing else one of my top favorite things about MBII is being able to pull off “movie like” scenes like that ESPECIALLY in open combat.

And yes I understand that wall cling >> wall jump exists but that’s a completely different set of movement options imo.

But within the bounds of that kind of thinking, Perhaps jump 3 lets you do the vertical launch from ledge grabbing and without you just climb/drop or hop up? (Same would go for high dex arcs probably)
A ledge grabbing mechanic could also be used with other things like grapple hook to smooth over some awkwardness with climbing and that. The main limitation on why things like this haven't been done previously is a kind of development snarl when it comes to adding new animations.

The management of FP is like the only thing in the game keeping force users in check vs gunners. When I suicide rush as a sith into a group of gunners, I do get a couple of kills, but I deserve to die in that scenario. That's fair.

If you are going to do a mechanic like this, I prefer if you get BP on saber kill instead of FP, that makes it so comebacks when outnumbered by other saberists more likely and punishes saberists who don't protect their gunner buddy from the enemy saber.