Allright fellas, I've been playing recently 1.0 with some friends again, and feel like sharing some thoughts.

And to be honest for me i was completly right about how PB worked.
(I won't talk about Spinning, like Bawz used to do since it works in both PB systems)
It all depends on where the Oponnent looked, whether up or down. And you had to do the same to perfectblock.
The only part which you guys may think made it random was that you still had to look into the direction of where the Opponent looked, but also had to aim your Saber Blade into the direction of the Swing from the Opponent.
Now that the up and down thingy is gone and that people have to look into some Corners, made PB alot easier. Cool! but it sadly makes the opponent to Spam random Combos into your face, in a desperatly try to make it harder to PB.
And the old version kinda fixed that problem, by making it difficult with the up and down thingy.
Still, there were some people who could be defensive all the time.
And who actually deserve it in that way, since its alot more difficult to be such as defensive in 1.0. Not like today, where everyone who trains 30 min on pbing only, can be a defense machine.
So for me nothing was random in the old build, just more difficult to understand and practice.
Now to the different saber Forms.
It took definetly some skill to use other Forms, not like it is now
For me this Version seems like a desperatly try to make people play other Forms.
And how are you gonna do that? Simple! Make them overpowered.
I seriously had no concerns about playing other forms when 1.0.
Every Form Blue/Yellow/Red/Duals/Staff seem very quite balanced.
It was just harder to understand how those Forms worked. Which made it quite difficult, and misleading especially for oblivious people who really thought Yellow is overpowered, because it was easier to understand easier to use.
But why was it easier to understand and to use?
It was because 70% of the Duelling community used Yellow, you could learn from others
Which wasn't the case for other Forms. There were only a handful people who liked the other forms. And that's why it was hard to understand those forms, no guides no players nothing but yourself. Especially with playing Duals, no one did that.
Why did 70% use yellow in the past?
# 1 Because Yellow animations aren't that fked up and messy like other Forms.
# 2 Becuase most of the population used it, and its easier to learn from others then rely completly on yourself.
# 3 Because oblivious people seem to think, that PB worked better on Yellow because of the Saber-Stance.
Now to return to PB on different Stances:
Yes i agree, it was quite a Confusion PBing with other Forms then Yellow because of the Stances.
What gave the confusion?
Up and down, definetly not.
The part where to aim your saber Blade was the one that quite made the confusion.
I figured that Staff/Red were the ones (to me atleast) Which were very Confusing.
But actually, it was the same like yellow, it just takes a while to get used to the other Forms.
And i could PB like i did with Yellow. So i still don't seem to understand why people thought and propably still think that Pbing with other Forms then Yellow was difficult.

And what i want to say is that I've took a look upon Nudge aswell.
And for me it seems to me that it was giving everything a depth it was this kind of thing which was added "unintentional" that made the gameplay so interessting.
It builded up everything, how various everyones gamestyle was.
Everyone fought and used the saber differently!
Example:
Seth tended to use nudge with timing used it as a weapon to speed up his attacks when needed to, he used it for the Dodge technique to speed himself up.
HleV tended to gain strenght from it. He used to go into your face do 3 combos and pb/counter the Opponents attacks to even gain a better speed with it. He was an Agile fighter, who used nudge to gain more and more strenght.
Now everything is quite Monotonous. Everyone is doing the same just abit differently like with they'r rhytm they'r timing they'r combos. But if feels the same, the duel system feels Stale.
Combos:
I'm not the one very familiar with this topic, because I've never actually dealt with it.
the fact how the swings worked, i see now what HleV ment with that hits made actuall impact.
Here you spam 4 hit combos 24/7 have endless duels which can become quite boring and makes everything boring, thats the fact why people tend quit after 2 rounds of playing.
In the past you could have kinda endless duels also, but making duels longer took an ammount of skill and luck, which made it even interessting to have longer fights. Unlike in this version.
It seems like, spamming was very difficult then it is now, for every form!
No one 3 hit combo spammed one till the Oponnent died, it was more then a fact of your timing, and how you use these 3 hits you got. It was all just on the player, how he used it.
I saw people being defensive relying on Pb, and on they're Timing.
I saw people relying, on they're combo's and they'r agility.
And i saw people who rely on the're timing nudge, and pb
And even more.
An interessting fact was also the random 4th hit in one combo, when mastered (so as Hlev says) gives you an special 4th hit, which can surprise the opponent and gives you the upper Hand. I don't know so much on that, i remember HleV back then swinging in the air, and doing 4 hit combos. And he did that quite often, it didn't seem so random.
I tried it on 1.0 which seemed to me very impossible, and came random.
Seems like its HleV's little mistery:p

Perks :
Perks is that thing that was added intentionally that thing that was used to replace Nudge, and used to give depth into the system.
Sadly it didn't, for me it seems like its one of the reasons why the sabersystem is Monotonous, why everyones doing the same.
Everyone relys on they'r Perks, not on themselves not on they'r own Creativity nor they'r Gamestyle.
Plus, it makes Forms like Red/staff quite overpowered.
It's a desperatly try to give depth but it can only be used to empower one Form and unbalance it for another.
I don't see very much hope into that idea and i feel like it should be Destroyed.
I feel like, Nudge gave everything. Nudge was so simple but gave so much depth too the system.

I fear i have nothing left to say, in comparision i feel like that 1.0 was Amazing, bugs where there but it was really hopefull and awesome.
I feel, overhauling it was a big mistake which ruined the sabersystem and broke the gameplay, which leaded MANY people to quit the game.
I hope i could convince some people to agree with us, who find that the Sabersystem had much potential before then it has now.
If i have left something very positive or negative about the old System let me know, i will think about it, and will Edit this thingy thing here.

You got it wrong regarding my 4x combo. I couldn't consistently do it vs air (it was absolutely random), but against enemy I somehow pulled it off more often than not. In fact, I wouldn't do 4x combo all the time, but when I would, it would work most of the time. 5x combo RNG didn't seem to like me though.

Is there a V1.0 server? I think I would be interested in playing it.

"You got it wrong regarding my 4x combo. I couldn't consistently do it vs air (it was absolutely random)"
Well, i just said you did do it quite often not consistently:p
"Is there a V1.0 server? I think I would be interested in playing it."
Well i could be able to get one but for now, PM me your Steam/Skype and i'll make a homehost:)
If others wanna join up, feel free to PM me your Steam/skype.

Last edited: