Clone Class Overhaul

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Everyone probably already knows the Clones are one of the best classes to pick in the game, and as such the class stands out. They don't have much of a weakness, really, except maybe at long range firefights but that doesn't happen so often in this game. They have high survivability, high rate of fire, above average accuracy, and decent damage, along with the ability to knockdown or disable almost all enemy classes.

I have had an idea for changing how they play to fit more in line with their equipment, actually posted this before in some general thread where everyone's ideas were buried.

• Health and Armor Reduction
Change to 60/60. Rough equivalent of other 2 life classes while still having more armor than them.​
  • Accuracy Dependent on Rate of Fire
The faster it shoots, the more it spreads. Walking or crouching reduces spread but not perfect like E-11. Does not build up like EE-3, spread is innate to gun level.​
  • Stamina Now Used for Gun Handling
Sprint is an underused if almost derelict ability. Sprint is removed in favor of Gun Handling which now uses Stamina to increase accuracy. Stamina drains as shots are fired, Stamina levels increase the pool. Walking will increase accuracy further while using Stamina.
I feel with changes like this the class would fall in line more with like classes, and also have a more unique mechanic while still being useful. With this you could see more Clone Rifle level 1's, which now is utterly useless, and possibly clones running without blobs (want to see that lovely DC-15A!). Some types of loadouts could be Low ROF Precision Shooter, more reliable Full Blob loadout with accurate fire, the regular Balanced blob and level 2 clone, Close Range sprayers or Suppression Experts for the mid range.

Maybe level 1 rifle could be DC-15S model, bring that out of the FA only dust pile.

I like your ideas. I think clone class is pretty well balanced. I think they could lose some armor/health but that's about it.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I like your ideas, actually.

Although I think more drastic steps should be taken, to make Clone more versatile, and less annoying. Blobs don't fit, I'd rather have more weapon choices and utility than a cheap knockdown that requires you to *guess* correctly just to land.

The following being my rework idea from a while ago that I posted in my Manifesto

- - - Clone - - -

- Weapons

* * Pistol
Description: Same as current.
Clip Size: 20

* * DC-15s
Levels: 1, 2, 3
Cost: 6-7-8
Description: Reskin of E-11

* * DC-15a
Cost: 8-18-24
Description: The long clone rifle, for accurate long-ranged engagements
Stats:
- Level 1
Damage: 30
Accuracy: Only when standing still, crouched, or walking
Rate of Fire: Moderately Slow (Semi-Auto)
- Level 2
Damage: 35
Accuracy: Always accurate
Rate of Fire: Moderately Slow (Semi-Auto)
** Adds Scope **
- Level 3
Primary Damage: 35
Accuracy: Always accurate, charge shot only accurate while walking
Rate of Fire: Moderate (Semi-Auto)

Weapon Mode: Charge Shot
Maximum Damage: 75

* * Minigun
Levels: 1, 2
Cost: 30-45
Description: The current minigun, with some tweaks
Stats:
- Level 1
Primary Damage: 22
Accuracy: Always inaccurate, more inaccurate the longer it fires.
Rate of Fire: Current CR2
Clip Size: N/A
Note: Requires the Clone to walk, and has a windup time of 500ms before it opens fire.
- Level 2
Primary Damage: 22
Accuracy: Always inaccurate, more inaccurate the longer it fires.
Rate of Fire: CR3
Clip Size: N/A
Note: Requires the Clone to walk, and has a windup time of 500ms before it opens fire.
_________
- Abilities

* * Sprint
Cost: 0-6-12
Description: Allows the Clone to sprint *forward* only until his stamina runs out, while sprinting the clone fires inaccurately.
Stats:
- Level 1
The Clone can sprint for short distances at a time
- Level 2
The Clone can sprint for long distances at a time
- Level 3
The Clone can sprint forever, and can use crouch to cancel out of sprint with a roll in any direction. (As well as just toggling sprint, like normal)

* * Bash
Cost: 0-8-16
Description: Allows the Clone to bash a target with his rifle-stock
Stats:
- Level 1
Damage: 6
Cooldown: 5 Seconds
Flinches targets hit (Sith that are swinging, and gunners), knocks back 3-4 feet
- Level 2
Damage: 14
Cooldown: 4 Seconds
Flinches targets hit (Sith that are swinging, and gunners), knocks back 3-4 feet
- Level 3
Damage: 20
Cooldown: 3 Seconds
Flinches targets hit (Sith even while blocking, and gunners), knocks back 4-5 feet.

* * Genetic Strengthening
Cost: 10-20
Description: Makes the Clone tougher, and harder to CC.
- Level 1
Clone takes 10% less damage
Clone takes 15% longer to grip focus
- Level 2
Clone takes 15% less damage
Clone takes 20% longer to grip focus
Clone cannot be stunned with lightning/shock darts.

* * Reinforcements
Description: Same as current

_________
- Items

* * Pulse Grenades
Cost: 6-6
Description: Grants the Clone up to 2 Pulse Grenades

* * Armor

* * Ammo