Character Specific Voicechat Replacement Pack

Discussion in 'Modification & Media' started by GoodOl'Ben, Aug 24, 2018.

1. GoodOl'Ben

GoodOl'Ben Nerd Donator Moderator Movie Battles II Team

So remember a time when there was a replacement mod that replaced many of the characters' voicechats with movie quotes? Developed by Shao, Weedsmoker, Plasma and yours truly. It brings back classic golden moments like the time when Darth Vader says "COVER ME!" when he leaps into battle or when Jek Porkins replies to you with "RED SIX STANDING BY!"

It's possible once more! Simply download this absolutely amazing replacement pack and mount it in your MBII folder.

I have also gone the way of creating a git repository that people can fork if they want to contribute by fixing bugs or adding new sounds!
    Hemmo Latvala / Voicechat_Replacement · GitLab

Good trick for downloading the latest version: download the zip version of this repository and rename the file to "zzzz_zzzz_VoiceChat.pk3".

Here's the current version: zzz_zzzz_ZzzzVoiceChatz0r.pk3
    Commit: 22ce1021c1633c106c42c554a6f945aef59c5400

List of known issues so far:
    • Droids have the wrong blood effects
    • TrueView alignments are thrown off

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  2. Gargos

Gargos Donator

HOLYYY SHIIT IT IS FINALLY BACK! Ive missed you my darling, I’ve missed you so much my dear ultimate sound replacement pack

3. Lessen

Lessen Childpuncher Movie Battles II Team

Pfft, just looked through the files and listened to some lines. Like Vader's spot_sniper being "I sense something, a presence I've not felt since..."

I think I'm too much of a tryhard to sacrifice the clarity of the McBober voice lines for wacky character-accurate but expressively-confusing lines. Plus, the McBober voice lines kind of function as the voice of the "player" rather than the "character," and I like that. We are all McBober on this blessed day.

I heavily agree with the decision to make "I am your father" a Vader taunt tho. Vader is everybody's father. Vader is Genghis Khan.

Actually, from an even more tryhard perspective, it slightly bothers me that someone with this pack will have the slightest, occasional, situational edge for knowing exactly what enemy is around that corner making that noise. But it's very slight. :^]

Mcbober and 2cwldys like this.
  4. GoodOl'Ben

But not try-hard enough to increase the difficulty level! Git gud ;)

5. Gargos

Gargos Donator

@Lessen it may take you a moment to learn but trust me, after using them for a while the knowledge will come out of your backbone sooner or later. It also makes the game so much more immerse and hilarious

6. GoodOl'Ben

Also a call-out to anybody who might have the sith Rosh Penin replacement lying around somewhere! I need it so I can add Rosh's voice commands!

7. Lervish

Lervish Donator Moderator Movie Battles II Team

Check inbox on social medium's :- D

GoodOl'Ben likes this.
  8. Sir Crusher

Sir Crusher Internal Beta Team

I have my personal soundpack for the clone commandos and stormtroopers, so I'll add them to the repository once I have time

Townsend and GoodOl'Ben like this.
  9. Nick.

Nick.

10. Lervish

Lervish Donator Moderator Movie Battles II Team

Happy to see voice chat replacements doable again. This gives motivation to re-upload my Trololo and Justin Bieber replacements (among others). :cool:

11. Pasha

Pasha

This is just the beginning.

Nick. likes this.
  12. LukeJM

LukeJM

Awesome mod
    Btw fix Starkiller sounds and anakin ep2-3

13. ☆~Panda~☆

☆~Panda~☆

This is just amazing! So many good old memories! :D
    I'm just having a weird issue with the pk3, for a weird reason some characters are still using the default lines even though they are supposed to have custom ones, I checked the files. Any clue how to fix this?

14. SneakDissing

SneakDissing

I have the same issue.

15. GoodOl'Ben

Some are not working. Report the ones that don't work and I'll eventually get around to fixing 'em up! Alternatively if you're impatient, check what's wrong yourself ;)

☆~Panda~☆ likes this.
  16. ☆~Panda~☆

☆~Panda~☆

Been trying to but can't figure it out! Most work but there are some like the clone troopers and arc ones which don't work at all. Gotta say though, this pack is a blast, makes the experience as Gargos said more immersive and in some cases hilarious!

I'll try to test every model and make a list here saying which ones don't work in order.

17. hunGarry

hunGarry

Just installed this and loving it already! Refreshes the game entirely. I'm going to add a few new character sounds if i have time, starting with the easier ones like the tusken raider :)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  18. Ankris

Ankris

Greetings! Thank you for the amazin work!

Would appreciate some guidance or help. I have some chars that got the new voice lines correctly in game but some others that don't, for example, my clone trooper has ben kenobi's voice lines. Maybe I screwed up at something?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Torkiiiiii likes this.
  19. GoodOl'Ben

Fixed that in the latest version!

zzz_zzzz_ZzzzVoiceChatz0r.pk3

Also added sounds for Rosh Penin and Kylo Ren unmasked.

20. Torkiiiiii

Torkiiiiii

Clone obi voice still not fixed or you uploaded the old version.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019