Catlady's conduct and maltreatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
  • Agent008
  • Forgot, whichever one catlady is an admin on (it was FA so prob bg)
  • around 4pm
  • Description:

I feel Catlady's behavior yesterday on the server, i.e. his disregard to the rules and whether or not I would follow this up (all of which can be seen in the screenies), necessitates a talking over. This is not the first time Catlady has been acting unjustly and being deliberately provocative.

He started off the whole spectacle by kicking someone unjustly - a player who had been a victim of tking. When asked his reasoning for doing so - by several players - he began proclaiming himself immune from these rules, that people must respect him as an admin, tking wasn't allowed etc. and that anyone who wanted to complain about his conduct can do it here. When I said that I intended to do just that, he laughed it off and pretty much welcomed it.

Several other players started to complain about his conduct and provocative nature. When someone asked me 'what happened to MBII EU Duel Server?', Cat got involved saying things such as 'It's gone, but it was always a misleading title - it was not the official server, and thankfully we now have better servers ;)' etc.

to summarise: i can't really give a rat's ass about this game anymore, and I know I am not in a position to talk given my history. however given cat's position and authority - and the fact that the server is probably one of the most popular - i thought i ought to mention what he was doing, and that a lot of people have expressed disapproval with him as of late.

Please find attached a series of screenies showcasing admin abuse, people expressing their concerns about cat's conduct, cat''s provocative nature and deliberate deviation, disregard to his own rules.

Catlady

He started off the whole spectacle by kicking someone unjustly
Sounds like catlady alright.
I've been victim of Catlady abusing his/her/their kick powers, i also saw other people getting kicked for pretty much no reason as well. Feels good not being the only one.

Didn't read, but well done, Cat Lady.
eHOlHVffaJs.jpg

Last edited:
TL;DR Version:

URevTXo.jpg

Sherlock Holmes Version:

He started off the whole spectacle by kicking someone unjustly

I like how you started with this, but then showed a screenshot of someone who clearly teamkilled and when asked not to do it again, he replies with "He started it."

Here is what I see from the "evidence" (going to break this down since I am bored today)

Screenshot 1:
Catlady - Brainlagg stop tking
Brainlagg - He started it (implying he was tking, regardless of who started it or not)
Catlady - No revenge tking (Every server I know of treats tking the same regardless of who started it)
Brainlagg - Well then, do your job (never say this..ever...at anytime...it never goes good) as admin and remove griefers
Catlady - Ok
*Removes brainlagg*
*Peter pan, Brainlagg, and Doom attacking Catlady over "admin abuse"*

I don't see any issue with this. Instead of saying "ok, but can you do something about (name) who keeps tking", he continued to argue and cause a scene. Looked to me like he was more interested in getting at Catlady than the guy who tked him. And he was kicked not banned. Most admins would probably tempban in this case.

he began proclaiming himself immune from these rules, that people must respect him as an admin,

Where does he say any of this?

Please find attached a series of screenies showcasing admin abuse, people expressing their concerns about cat's conduct, cat''s provocative nature and deliberate deviation, disregard to his own rules.

All I see here is an admin doing their job. Agent I commend you for trying to take a chance where you saw one, but you are grabbing at straws man. For someone who didn't care about this game, you sure took a lot of screenshots at an attempt to get someone in trouble.

Everything you said about the duel server is irrelevant and has nothing to do with admin abuse or Catlady's "nature."

Last edited:

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Ok mate. Catlady is a lovely person and doesn't need any sort of punishment whatsoever :) I honestly can't be bothered to reply, the screenshots should indicate what sort of person he is.

Ok mate. Catlady is a lovely person and doesn't need any sort of punishment whatsoever :) I honestly can't be bothered to reply, the screenshots should indicate what sort of person he is.

Sorry (not sorry) I didn't just blindly look at your screenshots and agree with you. Not saying @Cat Lady 's perfect. Just saying that what you are saying doesn't line up with what you are showing.

Regardless of the justification on either side, Cat Lady is saying some pretty unprofessional things which, regardless of the situation, makes him/her look bad. That's not Agentoo's fault, but Cat Lady's for providing fuel.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Aite let me put this into layman terms for you and elaborate:

1) 'Do your job as admin and remove griefers'. Dude kicks out Brain for no reason, other players who were there can testify. Photo one. 'That guy's really down on his luck - sabered and kicked' Shaak Ti, a witness.

2) 'Caught tking? The guy was trolling him all the time'. DonDOOM. Photo Two. I reiterate: someone had been griefing Brain, but instead of tending to this person, Cat decides to kick someone who merely asks him to do his job - indicative of his 'unlimited powaaa!' complex; a la 'how dare you tell ME what to do! now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational /smod kick!'

3) 'If you continue, you just get muted *shrug*'. This was aimed at myself and several others who were questioning Catlady's reasoning for kicking out an innocent player. The fact that he doesn't attempt to answer and, instead, resorts to threatening us with his admin powers is rather telling (maybe he realised he was in the wrong, but god forbid he show face?). 'Try your peasant rebellion elsewhere' - very good conduct and manner for an admin of several servers. Photo four.

4) photo 5 just shows this dictator attitude.

5) Photo 6 and 7 is catlady deliberately being provocative after learning it was me talking to him. The guy asks a simple question ('what is with MBII EU Duel server?') and cat can't resist the urge to have a dig!

6) Photos 7 and 8 are more salt. Very good unbiased attitude to have as an admin.

7) Photo 12 'actually it doesnt matter, you can even send it to dev/null ;)' which is indicative of him thinking he is above judgement.

My quarrel isn't so much with what he did, but rather how he conducts himself. Several people in this very thread have echoed that sentiment, and even more share this perception of him in the game. I only thought I should present this to you so that you are aware of the sort of person you have facilitating these servers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ok, I'll play lawyer.

1)'Do your job as admin and remove griefers'. Dude kicks out Brain for no reason, other players who were there can testify. Photo one. 'That guy's really down on his luck - sabered and kicked' Shaak Ti, a witness.
I've already said why this line doesn't make any sense:

I like how you started with this, but then showed a screenshot of someone who clearly teamkilled and when asked not to do it again, he replies with "He started it."

2) 'Caught tking? The guy was trolling him all the time'. DonDOOM. Photo Two. I reiterate: someone had been griefing Brain, but instead of tending to this person, Cat decides to kick someone who merely asks him to do his job - indicative of his 'unlimited powaaa!' complex; a la 'how dare you tell ME what to do! now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational /smod kick!'

Yet there seems to be no indication of who this myserious person is, who was teamkilling him, or Brain's attempt at trying to get him removed. He was only interested in getting revenge. Cat Lady is only one person, so if no one says anything, what is he supposed to do? He handled the issue that was happening as he saw it. Did you make an attempt at trying to get the guy who was griefing Brain kicked? I doubt it based off of the reason for the screenshots.

3) 'If you continue, you just get muted *shrug*'. This was aimed at myself and several others who were questioning Catlady's reasoning for kicking out an innocent player. The fact that he doesn't attempt to answer and, instead, resorts to threatening us with his admin powers is rather telling (maybe he realised he was in the wrong, but god forbid he show face?). 'Try your peasant rebellion elsewhere' - very good conduct and manner for an admin of several servers. Photo four.

I agree calling people peasents isn't a term you should call anyone. But, Brain wasn't innocent obviously and as admin I would get irritated as well if I found someone who was tking and then people who didn't see it just trying to make me out to be a bad guy. He doesn't have to answer to you all and is not required to tell any of you anything. If any abuse happens, thats up for the server owners to decide what they want to do with admins. Thus the reason for this post I assume. There seems to be a lot of focus on catlady and none on the guy who supposedly started this issue with Brain to begin with.

4) photo 5 just shows this dictator attitude.

Screenshot 5 just shows Peter pan talking shit about him being incomptent. I don't see how this has anything to do with catlady.

5) Photo 6 and 7 is catlady deliberately being provocative after learning it was me talking to him. The guy asks a simple question ('what is with MBII EU Duel server?') and cat can't resist the urge to have a dig!

Going to assume you mean 7 and 8, but I'm going to say before someone else does. "Who cares?" Why care if its an official duel server or not? Why even bother arguing about it? There is literally no difference between dueling on an official or unofficial server. Regardless of whether its true or not, it literally has no baring on what servers people are going to play on.

But as a side note, were you Peter Pan? I don't understand what you mean by "after learning it was me talking to him." It's no secret that you've been reported several times here as well. But, how does that make you look if you were purposely provoking Catlady?

6) Photos 7 and 8 are more salt. Very good unbiased attitude to have as an admin.

Going to assume that you are talking 9 and 10 at this point. Again, it's a playground fight where sand is bring thrown by both sides.

7) Photo 12 'actually it doesnt matter, you can even send it to dev/null ;)' which is indicative of him thinking he is above judgement.

"The null device is typically used for disposing of unwanted output streams of a process, or as a convenient empty file for input streams." So, is he being cocky at this point? Yeah. But, if the server owners were to read the actual logs, I doubt there'd be anything to worry about since he did his job and got shit for it.

My quarrel isn't so much with what he did, but rather how he conducts himself. Several people in this very thread have echoed that sentiment, and even more share this perception of him in the game. I only thought I should present this to you so that you are aware of the sort of person you have facilitating these servers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks for the heads up. However, I am not an EU player, so I doubt Catlady or I will ever meet in a game. If Catlady's words hurt you, /ignore is there to save you.

Ant

to be honest, I think any 'moral-high-ground' that CatLady might have initially had in this situation was relinquished as soon as he kicked the guy for "griefing". For one, even if the guy didn't put in enough effort (from what I'm seeing it sounds like he didn't put in any effort whatsoever) into just looking for an admin instead of letting himself get trolled and falling into the first guy's trap, to say that the second guy was a Griefer or was griefing seems like a bit of an overstatement, and on top of that aspect, the initial 'order' was that he'd get kicked if he TK'd again; he didn't TK, but he was still kicked anyway after making a certain statement and for having been a "griefer". Shouldn't the admin in this case have waited until the next offense, like he originally stated he would? Or did the statement add onto everything and make him a griefer? And if not, then it would show that Cat backtracked arbitrarily and decided to kick him even though he had already said that he would only kick Brain if brain TKd again of which he really didn't. I think some level of consistency is to be expected if one is administrating if you're going to be giving out any orders at all. The guy wasn't a griefer, and even if his "do your job" statement was irritating and not really founded, it could have easily been blown off just by pointing out that one has no place to criticize when they apparently didn't even attempt once to talk to or ask for an admin, and also seem to be asking for unrealistic expectations (expecting admins to be like God for example, seeing and being everywhere all the time) and being rude about it. It might make him silly, he might even be acting a bit ignorant, but it doesn't make him a griefer. So in the end I just don't think the action was justified considering the circumstances.

Just to be clear, was the original griefer still on the server during all of this?

Last edited:

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Thanks for the report agent. To the others, all I can say is the report system is there for a reason. Everyone has a right to file a report, regardless of whether people agree if it was or wasn't admin abuse. Even if it is concluded it wasn't, it's still better that the report was posted. Otherwise admin abuse could fall through the cracks.

As for whether or not something is admin abuse, there is always room for interpretation, and in the end can only be decided by the server owners based on all available evidence, as each server is governed by its own rules.

I am locking this thread as it is now up to me to deal with it. No reason to continue the flaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.