•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Cant Launch The Game (Steam Version)

Hello guys. I've JA on my steam and run before adding this mode, after downloading the Movie Battle mod, I pressed play, asked me if Im ok with launcher chaging files name in order to play, I said yes but after that Im getting the error of " Application load error 5:0000065434 " therefor I cant play the game.

Im really looking forward for a reply since I really wanted to play this game after all these years.

Regards
Owea

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
This message originally posted by @LoU:

This error means you have installed JKA in different location than you have your steam client installation. Nothing we can do about it.
Please go in launcher to settings and change JAMP to MBII Client. It will solve the issue, but you won't be seen on steam as playing game. You can also move your installation to the steam client installation folder.

edit:
Don't launch games you have installed with steam by running exe. Use Launcher (if game has one, like ours) or use steam's client.

Source: When start Multiplayer: application load error 5 0000065434 | Movie Battles II Community

This message originally posted by @LoU:

This error means you have installed JKA in different location than you have your steam client installation. Nothing we can do about it.
Please go in launcher to settings and change JAMP to MBII Client. It will solve the issue, but you won't be seen on steam as playing game. You can also move your installation to the steam client installation folder.

edit:
Don't launch games you have installed with steam by running exe. Use Launcher (if game has one, like ours) or use steam's client.

Source: When start Multiplayer: application load error 5 0000065434 | Movie Battles II Community

Thank you for your fast reply. I've changed it to MBII and it worked like you said. What can I do to be seen on Steam while Im playing this ?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Thank you for your fast reply. I've changed it to MBII and it worked like you said. What can I do to be seen on Steam while Im playing this ?
I guess you need to move your installation from current folder to something like this:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData

I'm not sure what should be done in case of matched filenames, so if you need more detailed instructions, wait somebody who uses Steam. Or do it or your own
. :)
Wrong; see post @Supa below

Last edited:

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Why would you post in a support section not having searched through the forum? This problem has been answered at least 3 times :\

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Not possible at the moment.

If you want to run the game through Steam and have it show up on Steam, right click on Jedi Academy in your Steam library, go to properties and go to set launch parameters.

Copy and paste: +set fs_game "MBII"

Not possible at the moment.

If you want to run the game through Steam and have it show up on Steam, right click on Jedi Academy in your Steam library, go to properties and go to set launch parameters.

Copy and paste: +set fs_game "MBII"
It runs through JAMP.exe that way, is there a way to run through steam with MBII client like the launcher?

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Y3VwKQ4.png

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Launching through Steam or launching through the launcher? In order to run the game on Steam through the launcher, you need to change those options and press the play button on the launcher. There is a separate set of instructions for running it through Steam and not through the launcher.

Launching through Steam or launching through the launcher? In order to run the game on Steam through the launcher, you need to change those options and press the play button on the launcher. There is a separate set of instructions for running it through Steam and not through the launcher.
What i mean is running through steam with MBII client and not JAMP.exe, is that possible?
Using the set custom launch parameter set fs_game "MBII" i can run through steam but it is the JAMP client.
Using the launcher i tick the steam option but it doesnt seem to do anything.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
No, from what I can tell the launcher is not compatible with jamp.exe if it is the Steam version of the game, you will have to use MBII Client, or not the launcher.

If you don't want to use the launcher, you can right click on Jedi Academy in your Steam library, go to the properties, and set launcher options to +set fs_game "MBII" and run the game through Steam instead of the launcher, only keeping the launcher to update the game when an update is released, but using JAMP with the launcher isn't possible at the moment.

Last edited: