•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Can't install on mac

Hi there. I'm new to the community and have been trying my best for the past few hours to install the mod on my mac. I bought the game on steam specifically to play this mod. I'm usually pretty good at following installation instructions but I'm stumped. Basically I've already downloaded the zip (v1.3.2) and put the folder called "MPII" from the zip in the Jedi Academy steam folder. I also downloaded the MP launcher but am having trouble locating the file because my computer wont allow me to view hidden files from the file locator. Also, at no point have I been able to view the mod in game under the Setup tab. Any help would be very appreciated.

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Hello :)
You should have GameData folder. Throw "MBII" folder into GameData, so "MBII" will be in the same directory as "base". So the path to .pk3 files in "MBII" should be
Jedi Academy/GameData/MBII/*.pk3
Also MBIILauncher.exe has to be placed in GameData too.

Thanks for the reply Helix. I cannot find a GameData folder anywhere I check. Can you be more specific as to where it is located?

E: The only file in the "Jedi Academy" folder is the application itself. GameData is not present in the package contents either.

Thanks for the reply Helix. I cannot find a GameData folder anywhere I check. Can you be more specific as to where it is located?

E: The only file in the "Jedi Academy" folder is the application itself. GameData is not present in the package contents either.

I believe I had the same problem where Jedi Academy lost most of its files and needed a reinstall so check if you're Jedi Academy launcher says install instead of play.

I was able to launch and play the game fine. Currently reinstalling to see if it fixes the issue.

E: Did not fix. Still only seeing the application in the Jedi Academy folder.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
You should have GameData folder. Throw "MBII" folder into GameData, so "MBII" will be in the same directory as "base". So the path to .pk3 files in "MBII" should be
As it's said in caption of topic, it's mac, they don't have GameData folder.
if you use Steam version the all MBII folder must be located in :
~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy
If you are using regular CD version :
~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy MP
If you are using OpenJK :
~/Library/Application Support/OpenJK

Then launch it through JKJALaunch.app adding +set fs_game MBII in the setup (hold shift key the first time you use it)
and
THAT'S IT !!!
Don't need to copy any file elsewhere.

Don't put MBII folder in that content folder, when you have cleaned your jka application folder.
Put MBII folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy (because you use steam version)

If you don't know what "~" mean : it's your home folder, usually /Users/login_name
To go to that folder you can either click on the "Go" menu gf the finder while have alt key down
or open a terminal and type at the prompt :
Code:
open ~/Library/Application\ Support/Jedi\ Academy
(originally posted by @kikili)

Also please read:
[Guide] Installing Movie Battles II & Troubleshooting Guide | Movie Battles II Community
[SOLVED] - Getting the Mod on Mac | Movie Battles II Community

Last edited: