•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Can't install launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried installing the launcher but when I open the download it just says "Application already running" what do I do?

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Look in your system tray, it's probably minimized there. Or kill the process via task manager. Whatever floats your boat.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Are you using Internet Explorer? That is the only browser I know of to offer the option of starting EXEs as soon as they are downloaded.

Are you using Internet Explorer? That is the only browser I know of to offer the option of starting EXEs as soon as they are downloaded.
I'm using Firefox and I downloaded the launcher from the home page. It's just an exe file called MBIILauncher.exe. It won't even open it just tells me that it's already running.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
No idea how you're managing to pull off auto running EXEs from a Firefox download. In any case, do what I said above, kill the process in task manager.

LoU

R2D2
Please restart PC, make sure any other application like IRC, Trillian, Torrent Client is not running in the background, start Launcher.

We will release update soon, so stay tuned :)

Please restart PC, make sure any other application like IRC, Trillian, Torrent Client is not running in the background, start Launcher.

Did you make any adjustments to the launcher that would help mac users?
Like Parker, Taxi, and Jazzman? I am asking because I heard you don't accept pms.

I did everything and it still says it's already running. Must be a bug.

LoU

R2D2
Did you make any adjustments to the launcher that would help mac users?
Like Parker, Taxi, and Jazzman? I am asking because I heard you don't accept pms.
No. But Mac will get some love from @redsaurus soon.

OP: New version will be released soon in the meantime check firewall. Launcher checks for port, and this port is clearly unreachable on your localhost.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Is there a download for the full updated version? Or do I need the launcher
Yes, there is. No, you don't.
To play Movie Battles 2 you need to:
1. Install Jedi Academy.
2. Download Star Wars: Movie Battles II v1.3.1 download . Unpack it to your Jedi Academy\GameData folder so there will be such path: C:\Program Files\JediAcademy\GameData\MBII
3. Download http://www.moviebattles.org/download/servers/V1.3.1_V1.3.2_Upgrade.zip . Unpack it to same folder as N2 overwriting files with same names.
4. [Optional] You also will need some minimizer to make switching to other apps possible. You can use this: JA Minimizer . Run it before run game. You will be able to use F11 key to switch between mb2 and other tasks.
5. Start the game by launching file C:\Program Files\JediAcademy\GameData\Play_MBII.bat

Works for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.