•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Cannot get .exe file to start

Hi. I am running JKA off of steam on a windows 10 PC and I just downloaded this mod to try it. Prior to this, I had been playing MD, but was informed of a multiplayer mod that was similar to it. I keep trying to start the .exe file, but it doesn't do anything. I even moved MD out of my Gamedata folder to see if that would work. Can someone please help? I really want to try this mod.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
What EXE file? You managed not to mention anything specific.

If you mean the MBII launcher, you need to extract the ZIP file you download from the site wherever you intended to use it. The MBII launcher EXE also needs the DLL file in the ZIP folder. If you extracted it where you intended to use it or copied both properly then you will not have any issue.

It doesn't open. I keep trying to open the launcher, it comes up with the "Do you want to allow this file to make changes to your computer?" message, I hit yes, and then it does a loading mouse icon, then doesn't do anything after that whatsoever. Here's a pic of my folder if you want it.
1577519529989.png

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
You might have to manually kill the launcher process you had already attempted to start before you properly copied the patcher DLL over (could be hung in the background). If you're unsure how to do that, just restart the computer.