Can we please optimize DOTF?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Hey!

We've done some internal testing on the matter. DOTF isn't the problem generally as its only 9% ish of what is being drawn on screen at any time. The player models, weapons, etc are taking up a large majority of the resources. This is a much harder thing to fix that takes more time but were working on it.

All maps have this problem but the slight increase in detail in DOTF over the previous is resulting in the problem becoming noticeable.

Hey!

We've done some internal testing on the matter. DOTF isn't the problem generally as its only 9% ish of what is being drawn on screen at any time. The player models, weapons, etc are taking up a large majority of the resources. This is a much harder thing to fix that takes more time but were working on it.

All maps have this problem but the slight increase in detail in DOTF over the previous is resulting in the problem becoming noticeable.
Thank you for the response!

c6501a02b74991ae713066e3e1906b3f.png

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I have a gtx 1060 and I used to be able to play this game at 200+ fps. Now I get sub 30. Fix?
Also worth noting that this game is heavy on the processor, not on the graphics card. If you don't have an i7 already, I recommend you do ;)

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Indeed. Even with a good CPU mostly able to keep up, JKA uses like 8-12% of my GPU. That is it.