Can someone explain Dueling to me? (solved)

= ignore this thread please, i found the dueling guide. i read whats new =

What has changed? I just redownloded the mod and i just can't beat anyone in a duel. I don't even understand what is going on.

I played the mod maybe around 6 months ago for 200 hours, now dueling seems much more different.

I just see my BP drain constantly too fast. Like i know the basics and some advanced stuff in dueling but now i cannot beat anyone. i barely beat someone and i don't even know how it happened.

I understand the blocking, looking at the direction of the incoming swing, the combos A, D, W, AS, WD, etc. PB Blocking = Green, Yellow = opponent did a PB, Red = Did BP Damage. Disarm blocking.

What is interrupt? when you swing into your enemies swing? at this point im lost.

Yawning, im also lost on that. It seems like the dueling gets more and more complicated and more impossible to beat someone whos even slightly better than you. i just can't find the saber combat fun anymore and just pushes me away from playing the game, and i really do want to play the game.

So whats going on with the dueling system? it feels so out of place and so skill based that its so hard to catch up to dueling pros that you just can't play Sith / Jedi anymore because you will always die to them in a 1 v 1. You won't even know why you died, what they did, they just do their combo, block your every swing, turn their character really quickly and if you attack they drain your BP hard because they "do a counter". When they see green they attack back again quickly, which drains BP even faster than a usual attack. only way to avoid that is to block.

So i can't attack, and i can't defend against good players, no matter the style i use no matter how hard i try. Am i missing something? or is this it? this is the dueling system? so skill based that you're better off switching to grenades instead of trying to duel Better duelers.

I feel like before it was much simpler and i could actually kill someone, where i had to just aim my camera correctly and block, and attack with a combo, now it feels like its way more complicated and way more skilled based, im pretty sure it wasnt like this before.

Im really frustrated with the game, i want to play but if i do ill just get destroyed by better duelers and sit in spectator for the rest of the game. its just not fun.

Last edited:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
1.5 is a silly patch. I wouldn't worry about it. Even some of the top duelists randomly die to people that just have obscure timing. Yesterday I fought a brand new player who nearly killed me just because he swung at a weird time when I was about to swing, and it dropped me down to 20 BP, and from there I had to PB everything he did because it takes forever to regen your lost BP.

Good players are still good, but this patch makes bad players far more dangerous. Rewards awkward timing and PBs more than consistency and footwork. My recommendation is that you just turtle and swing when you think they are about to swing. ACM is almost entirely irrelevant in this patch, so don't even bother building it.

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
1.5 is a silly patch. I wouldn't worry about it. Even some of the top duelists randomly die to people that just have obscure timing. Yesterday I fought a brand new player who nearly killed me just because he swung at a weird time when I was about to swing, and it dropped me down to 20 BP, and from there I had to PB everything he did because it takes forever to regen your lost BP.

Good players are still good, but this patch makes bad players far more dangerous. Rewards awkward timing and PBs more than consistency and footwork. My recommendation is that you just turtle and swing when you think they are about to swing. ACM is almost entirely irrelevant in this patch, so don't even bother building it.
Pretty much the opposite, in previous patches mistakes were less punished and correct timing less rewarded so a weaker player could actually drain your BP alot despite you making no mistakes. You'd just drain his a little bit more, and the duel would end with him at 0 BP and you low BP.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Pretty much the opposite, in previous patches mistakes were less punished and correct timing less rewarded so a weaker player could actually drain your BP alot despite you making no mistakes. You'd just drain his a little bit more, and the duel would end with him at 0 BP and you low BP.

Considering in previous patches most of my duels ended with me having 100 BP, and my opponent 0, that doesn't seem particularly accurate. Back in 1.3 almost all the better players I fought could 100-0 me. So I don't think that's very accurate.

idk guys, i just wanna have fun and not learn how to duel for hours. its not a fighting game like Tekken
You are right, it's not a fighting game like, Tekken.
Instead it's a FPS with duelling mechanics, that's more like Mount and Blade
It's a shame to hear that you're not having fun however the ridiculous long amount of things to learn is what brings people in the first place and it's what's fun for them.