Calling all Melee gods

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lessen, May 16, 2018.

1. lessen

lessen Nerd

Are you great at using Melee? Got some time on your hands to read a thing? Read the comprehensive Melee guide I just wrote on the Wiki and tell me of anything I left out! @Rosh+ pls

Are you shit at using Melee? Got some time on your hands to read a thing? Read the comprehensive Melee guide I just wrote on the Wiki and learn up!

SneakDissing, PuNk, Onysfx and 6 others like this.
  2. MuscBodypillow

MuscBodypillow

Good post boyo

3. Flokker

Flokker

I think the backwards grab has prioritisation over front kata / grabs. I'm not 100% about this though.

4. Bob-Billy

Bob-Billy

Hero = jump kick + speed , the Sith is done

5. Eazy E

Eazy E

Nice although I think punch does 7-8 damage (7 with left hand, 8 with right).

6. jango40

jango40

kicks do 2 damage

7. Stassin

Stassin Movie Battles II Team Retired

Some details straight from code but not comprehensive (there's more details with melee blocking, and surely more other details with katas especially that i haven't looked up):

Damages:
    - Getup kicks do 2 dmg.
    - Flying kicks (when jumping high enough as a jedi or more generally force jump) do 8 dmg.
    - Jump + forward melee kick does 8 dmg.
    - Normal ground melee kicks do around 5 dmg.
    - Melee legsweep does 2 to 3 dmg (i think).
    - Saber melee (all moves) is different from full melee and always does 2 dmg against other jedi, and 5 dmg against non-jedi.
    - Punches do 10 dmg.
    - Uppercut punch does 12 dmg.
    - Wooks during recovery time after using fury deal 0.5x punching dmg.
    - Wooks during rage have unblockable punches, regardless of strength levels.
    - Classes with Wook Strength above level 0, as well as classes marked with the CFL_HEAVYMELEE flag in FA, deal 2x more punching dmg.
    - Classes with Wook Strength level 2/3 will do an additional 1.2x/1.5x punching dmg on top of the above, and melee katas will then also do an additional 1.2x/1.5x dmg (but for melee katas the previous 2x dmg from above doesn't apply as far as i can see).
    - Legsweeps deal additional dmg against knocked down opponents: 10x more dmg (so about 30dmg instead of 2-3, but 20 against jedi since they have dmg reduction, and maybe even less vs jedi who are holding block).

Effects:
    - In full melee, against an opponent who isn't crouching, kicks, legsweeps, forward jumping kicks, flying kicks will always stagger the opponent when he is blocking and standing with a saber, and will always knock them down otherwise (including when he is blocking and moving around, or not blocking).
    - In full melee, against an opponent who is crouching, kicks, forward jumping kicks, flying kicks will do nothing, and legsweep will stagger them if they are standing and blocking with a saber and will knock them down otherwise (including when they are blocking and moving around, or not blocking).
    - In full melee, uppercut punch will stagger an opponent who is blocking with a saber (regardless of crouching and movement), knock down an opponent who isn't crouching and isn't blocking with a saber, and do nothing to an opponent who is crouching (regardless of blocking with a saber).
    - In saber melee, slap/kicks/forward kick/flying kicks will knock down a non-blocking (with a saber or not) non-crouching opponent and do nothing (yea yea, except knockback, same with full melee kicks and stuff above, but that's really details - oh and yeah, forward kicks deal increased knockback compared to all the others) to crouching or blocking (with a saber) opponents.
    - In saber melee, legsweeps will knockdown a non-blocking (with a saber or not) opponent regardless of crouching, and do nothing to a blocking (with a saber) opponent.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Smee, Hessu, MaxorMjauCRO and 4 others like this.
  8. Noob

Noob Donator

wow didn't know that, that's pretty good

9. Rosh+

Rosh+ Internal Beta Team US Official Server Admin

i can help add more to this with melee strategy and various timing help and such

add me on steam

edit - in addition i will be making video melee guide soon

YamThePrussian and lessen like this.
  10. SneakDissing

SneakDissing

fake rosh, real rosh would be like "i'll make a guide on how i fukt ur dad"

11. MuscBodypillow

MuscBodypillow

After using lightning-push , then running away and using super push to kill you as you turn the corner.

12. Rosh+

Rosh+ Internal Beta Team US Official Server Admin

ur mums a dad rekt kid x infinity no takeybacks secrit lock n key

YamThePrussian likes this.
  13. SneakDissing

SneakDissing

oh yeah????????????

ur brother is actually a sister no takesbacksies