Buff FWs by adding a close "deka pulse" effect to Super Push

Force only jedi/sith could use a little love and I thought the addition of the deka pulse effect would be the perfect way to give a little bit more power to an otherwise very easy to counter force power. It would mean blocking saberists have to be a little bit more careful in melee range and can't just jump towards the FW with no care while holding block. It would also greatly help in setting up an ambush around a corner in a tight hallway. And last thing is you could use it to catch a jumping saberist that's trying to jump down on you or up to you.

qF8F9zI.png

Why do this:
- Make FW a little scarier in melee range
- Make Super Push harder to counter
- It only buffs FWs and not saberists in general
- Use existing mechanics to save dev time (hopefully it's reusable 👀)

Last edited:
Force only jedi/sith could use a little love and I thought the addition of the deka pulse effect would be the perfect way to give a little bit more power to an otherwise very easy to counter force power. It would mean blocking saberists have to be a little bit more careful in melee range and can't just jump towards the FW with no care while holding block. It would also greatly help in setting up an ambush around a corner in a tight hallway. And last thing is you could use it to catch a jumping saberist that's trying to jump down on you or up to you.

qF8F9zI.png

Why do this:
- Make FW a little scarier in melee range
- Make Super Push harder to counter
- It only buffs FWs and not saberists in general
- Use existing mechanics to save dev time (hopefully it's reusable 👀)
its ok idea but I assumed you would elaborate more on the activation of said pulse effect.

does it go off as you press the repulse button, and then you charge up and release the full repulse as well?

its ok idea but I assumed you would elaborate more on the activation of said pulse effect.

does it go off as you press the repulse button, and then you charge up and release the full repulse as well?
It would be up to the devs to decide what is more balanced. I'd say doing it on release would make most sense

It would be up to the devs to decide what is more balanced. I'd say doing it on release would make most sense
so like an electric pulse that fires at the same time as the force repulse, which moves even blocking jedis, perhaps with shorter range like the circle you made? I don't know how repulse affects wookies and other big bodies.

sounds cool, maybe makes repulse more of like a chaotic/powerful looking ability, but at the same time it gives people using it a lot more agency, perhaps it would even be op

not even gonna touch on teamkilling. if it hits teammates thats just a bruh moment and maybe the biggest thing that can be implemented to make it balanced