Buff Disarming

AaronAaron

Donator
little to no reward.
Hey man, if I mblock you, and you're swingblocking, I can insta PB counter you! Hey man, if I mblock you, and you're not swingblocking, I can easily kill you because the next swing (if I time it right) will be an insta swing! But dont worry man, there's no reward for mblock at all

k4far

Banned
Donator
No, no, no and no. It's absolutely fine as it is.

Mildly agree.

Disarming with a saber throw, please.
Cause knock down.

I like the idea even better after giving it more thought. Disarm someone with a precise saber throw as he is doing a swing but not mblocking. Knock out the lightsaber out of his hand. (Save the poor Clone (@CC-1119 "Appo' ). If I am too far I can try saber throwing, and put my teammate out of misery before enemies do it, lmao.)

How to not make it too annoying? It would only work after hitting from front or from the sides... to decide yet. Sides would be nice on a jedi trying to run away - one guy would attempt to saber throw to disarm other would finish him off (guy who was almost disarmed gets a free kill if he can approach the thrower fast enough.) Games would be faster. Sun is shining. Less 3x+ glowstick guys going for the same kill, bumping in to each other while failing to hit the actual target.

Cooperation paying off, more reason to use the lightsaber throw overall.

@{Δ} Achilles
Would you consider this to be ability or a pesty gimmick?​

Last edited:

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I friggen love mblock. The instaswing after it feels so satisfying. And no reward? Are you serious? I guess it isnt as a big deal in duel servers (even tho the stagger itself is rewarding since you get couple free hits in) but in open it is ESSENTIAL. Mblock is my favorite tool to even the odds in situations where I am ganked by jedi.

Disarm someone with a precise saber throw as he is doing a swing
How to make a joke into the next update, adding a Disarm ability to saber throw would be cool, have to hit during mid swing, i feel like they could do it tho if have full ACM for power, perhaps would need saber deflect 3 or something idk

How to make a joke into the next update, adding a Disarm ability to saber throw would be cool, have to hit during mid swing, i feel like they could do it tho if have full ACM for power, perhaps would need saber deflect 3 or something idk
Think about how much trolling this would promote on duel servers...

Since everyone was so quick to take a shit on my post without thinking about what I could have meant, let me be more clear about what I meant.
I picked up this mod for the dueling system. I rarely play open mode seriously or try to get really good at any of the gunner classes, because that's not what I enjoy most about this game. I am very passionate about the dueling mode. I'd love to see it improve. I made this post to discuss the current state of disarming in the dueling meta, not open mode. In dueling mode, disarming someone successfully takes a lot of practice and precise movements and timing. I wanted to be able to use this to my advantage and learn how to do it efficiently and land one during a duel. Fast forward a week later, and I (accidentally) disarm my opponent, who had around full BP and FP. I had no idea that the disarm would work, (I never do, to be honest,) and so I wasn't prepared to do a follow-up swing. So my opponent noticed his lightsaber was gone, and he force jumped to the ceiling. What am I supposed to do about that? Follow him? He landed way in front of me, lightsaber in hand, in better shape than he was before I disarmed him.
I propose that disarming be made better in some way; whether it's more BP drain, FP drain, or a stun, whatever, so that if you manage to actually practice this and land a disarm, you're rewarded, even if your opponent is running away. And if it does get buffed, I think it should be a little bit harder to do, but that's just my opinion.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 180

AaronAaron

Donator
I wanted to be able to use this to my advantage and learn how to do it efficiently and land one during a duel. Fast forward a week later, and I (accidentally) disarm my opponent, who had around full BP and FP. I had no idea that the disarm would work, (I never do, to be honest,) and so I wasn't prepared to do a follow-up swing. So my opponent noticed his lightsaber was gone, and he force jumped to the ceiling. What am I supposed to do about that? Follow him? He landed way in front of me, lightsaber in hand, in better shape than he was before I disarmed him.
If he's jumping, he is going to lose out on a bit of BP because it costs BP and FP to jump. That's when you should be waiting for him to land, so you can attack straight away. Because you disarmed him, he's going to be at a disadvantage. Don't bother chasing him if he is in the air. You're only going to damage yourself, making your MBLOCK pointless.

I propose that disarming be made better in some way; whether it's more BP drain, FP drain, or a stun, whatever, so that if you manage to actually practice this and land a disarm, you're rewarded, even if your opponent is running away. And if it does get buffed, I think it should be a little bit harder to do, but that's just my opinion.
I'm not sure if mblocking a swingblock still does BP damage to people. I think it was a thing, but im not sure if it was removed. The buff will come, my padawan. Just wait. It's coming. Stagger on mblock will be great (thats if tempest sticks with it).

Also, again, if you mblock, you have a chance to INSTA SWING. YES! INSTA SWING. USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!!! Really though, if you can't do it, it makes it a L2P issue (Not trying to offend you or anything)

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
First you make a very confusing opening post and then do not even read the posts that criticize your idea.

Aaron pretty much summed it up (again). Mblock was buffed for this patch and you can insta. To learn to mblock properly you could just practice in the duel server. There are always some ppl there happy to help you out with that if youd just ask.