BIGGEST RAGE QUIT FROM MB2

• Thread starter Deleted member 5707
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 5707

hey guys, its ur boy mooch here back at it again with another RAGEQUIT.

alright so imma give u some history and a lil of my background... so ive been playing this game since about b19-rc1. so i think im qualified to say a lot about how mb2 USED to be good. mb2 used to be a fun game with patches that came out with success and it was a time where the dev team didnt have conflicts and people who were in it that were completely immature and im not gonna name any names but seriously what a JOKE. okay so imma get to my point.

mb2 is dying dudes. game is trash. devs (STASSIN) like to put out patches that completely override what a dev (TEMPEST) had been working on for so long... *cough* 1.5... like srsly build is trash. the game is only going down the shitter. and to top off the game being garbage imma tell u about the community mmkay.

so u though the game was OKAY right, well look at the community. U got servers like AOD who are strict and have good restrictions. they have good servers, except NEVER is an admin on and people just do what the fuck ever they want to do. or servers like tR who are unruly and chaotic. soon as u join in, u can have fun having the n word and insecure manchilds trying to insult u all day. i mean sure, you find this in every community but when these are the only servers that are played on its pretty hard to justify reasons for people to even keep playing. but okay, sure u can argue that u can just /ignore all. but u know what that doesnt fix eh?

trolls... lol you got some no lifers that stay on mb2 all day and they teamkill, timewaste, TROLL, bodyblock, and everything. they live and breathe for this and they are amused to the maximum. i cant blame them, some day ago even i found this shit funny. but srsly nawww theres gotta be a command where u can remove teamkilling or make it so u cant move into somebody. every day i go try and snipe and i got some retard just bodyblocking me or melee kataing me into the open.

and also u got some elitist fucks that think they are gods and constantly shit talk on people for absolutely no reason... i mean u got that in every game but WHATEVER dude.

pce dudes, have fun playing on ur patches that are bound to change over and over and over and over and over again and never have a SET patch where everything is finally finished and no more updates ever again. which will never happen lol...

*edit*

word of advice to u devs, try listening to the community as a whole. not one half or one side or 3/4. find a way to make compromise. K.

*edit*

since people want to this to be a feedback thread imma just make a quick little list of a whole lot of things wrong with mb2 either open/dueling.

- fp drains still fucked, u can be a tank just holding block
- no stagger or flinch mechanic when someone is facehugging u as a jedi ( u can run around in someone's face and tank forever while they are basically forced to remain stationary or get pulled/pushed )
- pblock is busted for current patch 1.5, overwhelming focus on pblock this patch you can outpblock someone that is completely better than you. thing is u can do it with very minimum pblocks which is the problem here.
- sniping bh in stomach? tank with 1 hp. ( heroes don't survive snipes like that)
- maps that are stupid like mb2_dotf... the respawn little barriers for REBS inside imp spawn and the respawn barrier just outside obj room for IMPS that allow the person inside it to shoot out but u cant shoot into it
- numerous glitches that can be done like the facehug dfa glitch that can drop someone to 0 bp and make them drop their saber as well
- white saber command leak lol?
- wookiee still busted with its GODCASTER that can one shot almost every class with a charged shot.
- teamkill dmg and team bodyblocking still an issue
- ee3 sniper mode had a unexpected buff with the speed increase of all weapons and is now the meta
- fuel consumption for mando seems very minuscule and wastes down pretty fast, and for it to be the mando's number one lifeline and it go out very quickly from barely using it is pretty stupid
= MORE ADDITIONS TO THE LIST SOON =

Last edited by a moderator:
a finished version of a mod that's been out for over 10 years? i think that's asking for a little too much...

i prefer reworked worse versions of maps that didn't need any reworking to begin with and last minute decisions to change core mechanics with a worse version than what was anticipated for several months

/s

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I miss 1.3.

See, I'd have just fixed the issues with 1.3 sabering (Some perks were broken, and some style stats reworked), and then just said "This is now sabering. It works. It is stable. The majority like it.", then moved on to improving open/adding content.

Old vets tell me that we could have done that shit to patches ages ago, like to v0. "Fix what is wrong with it, and be done with it."

D

Deleted member 5707

I miss 1.3.

See, I'd have just fixed the issues with 1.3 sabering (Some perks were broken, and some style stats reworked), and then just said "This is now sabering. It works. It is stable. The majority like it.", then moved on to improving open/adding content.

Old vets tell me that we could have done that shit to patches ages ago, like to v0. "Fix what is wrong with it, and be done with it."

yeah it really could be that easy, but you see u got the devs who i barely ever see play this game and make changes based on how they WANT the game to be, and two of the examples i can come up right away are stassin and him forcing his SHITTY patch onto this game, and then MaceMadunce oops sry MaceMadunusus xd hehe but him forcing his joke of a new verison of dotf, that again nobody asked for lol.

2cwldys

Donator
Internal Beta Team
I miss old dotf, which I didn't ask for a new one at all.. and the previous patch :)
also remove these shitty projectile speeds with blasters

I've thought nearly on quitting myself cause of the latest patch but ideally I can tell, alot of work was put into the last patch, that including Tempest and his beta, so much work wasted - just to be overrided for an egotistical /elitist/ dev that doesn't even act as an developer - Stassin wants some sort of NA and EU tournament just to say another side of the world is better at a game, im afraid to say but I agree with mooch this mod is legit dying. I enjoyed the old DOTF also until it was deliberately replaced with some prettier graphic textures and reconstruction of the entire map and removing the catwalks and everything we had beloved and dear to us. I can ideally tell that alot of people are quitting and the playerbase isn't the same.

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
that again nobody asked for lol.

ea2cb01f0053c2c838148170628a4182.png

Such lies.

so much work wasted.

Don't assume it was wasted. You might still see it.

Last edited:

2cwldys

Donator
Internal Beta Team
I was in tempest's beta, its like it was all erased and replaced by a mess

EDIT: Those comments on that video or whatever image you posted Mace is probably literally 5 people

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I was in tempest's beta, its like it was all erased and replaced by a mess

Tempest also still hasn't finished his version. He kinda needs to finish it.

EDIT: Those comments on that video or whatever image you posted Mace is probably literally 5 people

More than that. Point is the whole "Nobody" is lies. Not every part of the community agrees with the same line of thinking on everything.

Dae old Dotf was the best and i cant get uded to new blaster proj speed xD!!!!!!!

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Not sure if the OP is trolling or serious, so i'm also gonna speak my mind freely without making it clear whether i'm serious or not.

Plot twist: the "vocal few" that are always unsatisfied in the community are the ones killing the game. You angry hyenas made us lose the best opportunity for mb2 development that we literally ever had in the entirety of the mod's life, excluding the beginning years with the initial devs 15 years ago, by making 2 hard working, experienced and committed devs, viserys & spaghetti quit (as well as a few others in the process). That was literally equivalent to reducing dev activity by over 80%. The rest of the non-toxic community can offer you their very sincere thanks for dealing such a huge blow to the mod.

Also get off your high horse. Saying that we are the ones being haughty about everything only makes you look like an imbecile. Maybe there's a reason why we are the devs and not you, maybe it's because we are way more committed to the mod and have way more experience, which still doesn't mean we aren't listening to feedback. If we weren't, we wouldn't go anywhere at all anyways; but sorry to break it to you, "feedback" also means 100 different opinions, not just your own conceited one or the one shared by your little group of hyenas crying out that they can't get easy kills anymore.

Yeah keep insulting mace about bad map design, you probably have more experience on the subject than his 12+ years. Keep saying sabering is retarded, you surely have more experience than my 10 years of dueling & 5 years of designing it (not to mention from now on it'll be me & tempest together on sabering instead of just 1 person). That doesn't apply to all the hyenas here, but sorry to break it to you, you are the conceited ones when you think you know better with your little few years of experience on the mod and the restricted feedback you can experience in your personal groups, especially when all you can do is repeat that we are conceited and "abusing power", lol.

You know what ? Actual paid devs from any video gaming company would plainly ignore all this drama and bullcrap, but some of us devs here don't because this is only a fan-made game that we have chosen to put our soul into, and because of that we feel we are still part of the community itself, trying to have fun along with it, and considering other players as our equals and gaming partners as opposed to customers. But maybe this is a bad idea. Maybe, simply because we do dev work for the mod, we should no longer interact with the community as if we were players, and instead stop responding to most of the discussions (which doesn't mean not listening, just stop responding - which would ofc make you all feel even more ignored). Actually, maybe we should do that. Would save us some freakin time instead of dealing with kiddy drama with the role of some mediator.

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
You angry hyenas made us lose the best opportunity for mb2 development that we literally ever had in the entirety of the mod's life, excluding the beginning years with the initial devs 15 years ago, by making 2 hard working, experienced and committed devs, viserys & spaghetti quit (as well as a few others in the process). That was literally equivalent to reducing dev activity by over 80%. The rest of the non-toxic community can offer you their very sincere thanks for dealing such a huge blow to the mod.

Viserys and Spaghetti had to quit out of shame after what they did with this whole Code of Conduct mess.

You know what ? Actual paid devs from any video gaming company would plainly ignore all this drama and bullcrap, but some of us devs here don't because this is only a fan-made game that we have chosen to put our soul into, and because of that we feel we are still part of the community itself, trying to have fun along with it, and considering other players as our equals and gaming partners as opposed to customers. But maybe this is a bad idea. Maybe, simply because we do dev work for the mod, we should no longer interact with the community as if we were players, and instead stop responding to most of the discussions (which doesn't mean not listening, just stop responding - which would ofc make you all feel even more ignored). Actually, maybe we should do that. Would save us some freakin time instead of dealing with kiddy drama with the role of some mediator.

If that was the case we would have old Funny Pictures thread and Viserys and Spaghetti would be still here because it was what the Community wanted. They just went against the Community in the most stupid way possible on something that was hardly worth it.

"It's not a democracy"
This made my day they said it multiple times even if all polls about the Meme section on the forum for it were in favor of the memes. If you expect respect after that, okay.

Cat

>by making 2 hard working, experienced and committed devs, viserys & spaghetti quit
My two cents:
I think Vis would have gotten half as big ammounts of bullcrap spoken to her if she kept herself busy with the actual game instead of banning memes and enforcing her morale on psychically healthy people.
Same stands for Mace. I don't justify people rolling in to post "hurr durr dotft2 sux mace kill urself", though neither I justify him giving any non-zero ammount of fucks about such posts, nor his attitude towards law enforcement.
A devoted and skilled mapper would definetely attract less trolls and flamers than devoted and skilled mapper who's part-time white palladin and part-time gas chamber operator.

>the "vocal few" that are always unsatisfied in the community are amongst the ones killing the game
I've made this line serious for you <З

Last edited:

Stassin

Donator
If that was the case we would have old Funny Pictures thread and Viserys and Spaghetti would be still here because it was what the Community wanted. They just went against the Community in the most stupid way possible on something that was hardly worth it.
Lol stop dreaming. Do you see funny pictures threads on paid video game forums ? The fact we have one illustrates the fact that these forums are in an intermediate position, so viserys was right to disallow complete freedom and retardation shows in the funny pictures thread, because even just having that thread and keeping it civil is already unprofessional. Professional would be having no such thread at all, not even remotely. Not even offtopic section tbh. Keeping the thread and restricting "offensive" (i'm not gonna argue on what that means) content was just to give an at least decent front to the website and the mod.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5707

Not sure if the OP is trolling or serious, so i'm also gonna speak my mind freely without making it clear whether i'm serious or not.

Plot twist: the "vocal few" that are always unsatisfied in the community are the ones killing the game. You angry hyenas made us lose the best opportunity for mb2 development that we literally ever had in the entirety of the mod's life, excluding the beginning years with the initial devs 15 years ago, by making 2 hard working, experienced and committed devs, viserys & spaghetti quit (as well as a few others in the process). That was literally equivalent to reducing dev activity by over 80%. The rest of the non-toxic community can offer you their very sincere thanks for dealing such a huge blow to the mod.

Also get off your high horse. Saying that we are the ones being haughty about everything only makes you look like an imbecile. Maybe there's a reason why we are the devs and not you, maybe it's because we are way more committed to the mod and have way more experience, which still doesn't mean we aren't listening to feedback. If we weren't, we wouldn't go anywhere at all anyways; but sorry to break it to you, "feedback" also means 100 different opinions, not just your own conceited one or the one shared by your little group of hyenas crying out that they can't get easy kills anymore.

Yeah keep insulting mace about bad map design, you probably have more experience on the subject than his 20 years. Keep saying sabering is retarded, you surely have more experience than my 10 years of dueling & 5 years of designing it (not to mention from now on it'll be me & tempest together on sabering instead of just 1 person). That doesn't apply to all the hyenas here, but sorry to break it to you, you are the conceited ones when you think you know better with your little few years of experience on the mod and the restricted feedback you can experience in your personal groups, especially when all you can do is repeat that we are conceited and "abusing power", lol.

The VOCAL FEW? You're telling me the ones who are vocal about how the game just isn't heading to the right direction is why DEVS quit? You have got to be JOKING me. Why would they quit because a bunch of "passionate" people gave feedback? Give me a real reason they left and I'll believe you. That just sounds like a bunch of nonsense.

Get off my high horse? I'm only spitting facts, dude. Don't even act like you didn't come out of nowhere with your shit patch and just threw it onto this game. Oh, it's not garbage? In what world is pblocking the meta dude? You even said if you pblock one swing of a four hit from yellow; it is invalid. What a fucking joke. Also, just because you have all those years of experience designing doesn't make any of your builds relevant or good. I, as a player can tell you your patch fucking blows LOL.

Yeah, I will keep insulting Mace about his map design. Keep telling me about experience, experience doesn't mean anything if you haven't learned from your mistakes whilst doing so. I can list lots of mistakes with the new map, I won't list them here, but if you want I can definitely PM/DM you a list about it.

"not just your own conceited one or the one shared by your little group of hyenas crying out that they can't get easy kills anymore" sick burn dude, never said anything of the nature. I can ALSO give you whole other list about mistakes in this whole game. I don't understand why you try to defend your shit patches, look reputation doesn't mean shit, just don't try to defend a patch where you haven't bug tested or barely checked out at all and just release it. Seriously, when 1.5 dropped, me and a group of friends found SEVERAL bugs.

"Dealing with kiddy drama with the role of some mediator" Alright, dude I try to make some valid points and all of a sudden it's drama. WADDUYA KNOW hes a DEV GUYS SO ANYTHING THAT IS FEEDBACK IS DRAMA. I didn't start this thread for no reason, alright? I wanted to voice my opinion about how the game is going into the shitter and that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cat

Lol stop dreaming. Do you see funny pictures threads on paid video game forums ?
We also don't see fun in most of the paid games themselves. They don't exist to deliever fun, they exist to farm money and there's definetely no exapmle to take.
I've just checked and found out there is a funny picture thread on official DCS forums at very least.
However, we do see the said threads on the pirate game forums, created and maintained exclusively for and by the community, with the purpose of delievering fun.

Last edited:

Stassin

Donator
K this is only proving basically everything i listed.
you haven't bug tested or barely checked out at all
lol, strike me down and i will have tested way more than you can imagine.

Don't even act like you didn't come out of nowhere with your shit patch and just threw it onto this game
ok, now join me, and together we will rule the mod.

Anyways not wasting more time. Your useful feedback amounts to about 5% of everything you're spouting (and thanks for that, yeah PB is overbearing and there's a few other issues, though not the ones you think for the most part; releases aren't final they are and have always been experiments in this mod, deal with it), the rest is ignorance and frustration.

D

Deleted member 5707

K this is only proving basically everything i listed.

lol, strike me down and i will have tested way more than you can imagine.

ok, now join me, and together we will rule the mod.

Anyways not wasting more time. Your useful feedback amounts to about 5% of everything you're spouting (and thanks for that, yeah PB is overbearing and there's a few other issues, releases aren't final they are and have always been experiments in this mod, deal with it), the rest is ignorance and frustration.

Like I said, I can give you more feedback through DM/PM or even here if you want as I SAID in my post... Thanks for just skimming through that part and not reading it. Very professional of a dev of your caliber.

Status
Not open for further replies.