•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Bat file starts and instantly closes

Hi, I can't run movie battles 2. Regular JAMP works fine, and I can join servers. Im on windows 10 running the GOG version of the game. I run the movie battles 2 file, and it instantly closes itself. I am sure it is installed in the right place. Any ideas?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I run the movie battles 2 file
NEVER use sentences like that.
ALWAYS provide fully qualified paths of files you're referring to.
I am sure it is installed in the right place.
ALWAYS provide fully qualified paths of folders you're referring to.

Try running Movie Battles via MBII Launcher.
Try BOTH engines: MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" (skip if there's no such checkbox) => Engine => select engine, jamp or MBII Client => Play.

ALWAYS provide fully qualified paths of files you're referring to.

ALWAYS provide fully qualified paths of folders you're referring to.

Try running Movie Battles via MBII Launcher.
Try BOTH engines: MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" (skip if there's no such checkbox) => Engine => select engine, jamp or MBII Client => Play.
  • I must have downloaded an outdated version, the first version I tried was like 1 gig but I downloaded the one from this website and it is about 3.4 gb, so maybe that was the issue. Also, i should have and could have been more specific, if it still does not work after i try this updated version I will be sure to be more specific, thank you for your response.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
  • I must have downloaded an outdated version, the first version I tried was like 1 gig but I downloaded the one from this website and it is about 3.4 gb, so maybe that was the issue. Also, i should have and could have been more specific, if it still does not work after i try this updated version I will be sure to be more specific, thank you for your response.
You should install Movie Battles using MBII Launcher, it's the most reliable way to get mb2.

But if you want to do it manually, notice that you MUST download 5 (FIVE, NOT ONE) .zip files from here: Download
Right side, unfold "Service Terms & Downloads" and you'll get the links.
Archives must unpacked in correct order!