• YOU CAN POST UNBAN REQUEST ONLY FOR GAME OFFICIAL SERVERS! YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR ABUSING THIS SECTION
    Report player/abusive admin
    • My nickname:
    • Server:
    • Time:
    • Description:
    Unban Request
    • My nickname:
    • Server:
    • Time:
    • AdminID who banned/tempbanned/kicked: me:
    • Reason I was banned/tempbanned/kicked:

Do not post comments unless directly relevant to the request (e.g. confirming a report).

YOU CAN POST UNBAN REQUEST ONLY FOR OFFICIAL GAME SERVERS! YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR ABUSING THIS SECTION

banned on official mb2 discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
  • My nickname: Gargos
  • Server: mb2 official discord
  • Time: 10 pm +2 gmt
  • Description: Mace joined our discord chat, i complained about new dotf's fps issues. Mace keeps going on about model triangles that they are the reason for bad fps. I keep saying that how does that have to do with anything if that problem doesnt affect me on other maps, isnt that the maps fault? Sure I understand that models can affect the fps and sure they do but wouldnt fixing models then fix all maps in general fps wise too? Thus the fault is in the map.
Mace replied something like ''I dont care'' and called me retarded since I made him repeat the triangles thing so many times. Instead of muting me personally he decided to ban me and not let me talk with my friends.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
ONE Wookiee Model: 17,000 triangles
Entirety of dotf hangar (Pre-1.4.9): 27,000 triangles. Two player models take up more than the entirety of hangar. I am not tolerating your BS. to say I don't know what I don't know what I am talking about because it doesn't impact other maps (Hint: It does). I made the god damn map and other maps. I know what I am talking about. Death Star hangar drops 300fps after people have spawned because of player models.

When I make my case, tell you why and tell you why you're wrong and you persist into telling me I'm the one that is wrong and that its the map (which you did at least 5 or 6 times), don't know what I am talking about, trying to talk over me, etc. I told you exactly why DOTF has lower framerate to the point of being noticeable (being about 10k triangles above other maps at any given time). When you start trying to shove your bad opinion based off of zero facts down my throat because you think your right when I give my response as to why it happens and you're unwilling to accept it to the point where I have to repeat why it happens only for you to tell me that I am wrong and its the maps several times. You need to take a step back. I don't spend hundreds of hours doing this to get that kind of toxic nonsense said under the guise of "constructive feedback" when it wasn't constructive at all. You said your point once, I said the reason when you asked. You persisted when there was no need to just because you thought I was wrong.

Pre Spawn
ChchYRA.jpg

Post Spawn
4j8EWLX.jpg

Just because something is less perceptible to you because of a small amount of detail less on every map (about one player model less) doesn't make the truth any less invalid of why it happens. Denying it isn't going to help you, and is only going to irritate people. Notice how on the death star picture it drops to 175. Add about 2 more players and you're below 144 which becomes noticeable on high framerate monitors.

I probably should have forced a mute instead but yeah.

Last edited:

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
The fps drops do not only concern me, many ppl have noticed the lower fps in new dotf. I never said that you do not know what youre talking about, I am just saying that new dotf has worse fps than the old one, and has worse fps than most maps. Thats the only thing that matters since it affects the gameplay. No amount of technical talk is going to change the fact that the fps is worse. Maybe the fps would get fixed if the models got fixed, but as long as they are not fixed shouldnt that be taken into account when making maps?

And no matter what I said, none of it was ever offensive or was I insulting you. You simply decided to call me a retard and ban me instead of just do a personal mute on me. No you just couldnt do that, you needed to use your admin powers to remove me from the group.

EDIT:

And do not get me wrong, I am not discrediting you as a map maker, I really appreciate your work. For example I really like the new lunarbase. That map has very good fps while it looks very good and also plays good. You should simply not take things so personally.

Last edited:

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Mace has lifted the ban therefore this thread has served its purpose.

Reactions: Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.