• YOU CAN POST UNBAN REQUEST ONLY FOR GAME OFFICIAL SERVERS! YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR ABUSING THIS SECTION
    Report player/abusive admin
    • My nickname:
    • Server:
    • Time:
    • Description:
    Unban Request
    • My nickname:
    • Server:
    • Time:
    • AdminID who banned/tempbanned/kicked: me:
    • Reason I was banned/tempbanned/kicked:

Do not post comments unless directly relevant to the request (e.g. confirming a report).

YOU CAN POST UNBAN REQUEST ONLY FOR OFFICIAL GAME SERVERS! YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR ABUSING THIS SECTION

Banned from "New Players welcome"

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • My nickname: Shyman012
  • Server: New players welcome
  • Time: 12 at night of the 1/23/2018
  • AdminID who banned/tempbanned/kicked: me: No clue
  • Reason I was banned/tempbanned/kicked: No clue
  • I'm new so I only play on that server so vets don't hate me

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Hey, it's quite unfortunate to receive such a welcome into mb2 by getting banned, but oh well, just make sure to play on proper servers like officials and BG if you're EU.

The only reasons anyone is banned from that server are because of either noob stomping or for being an, umm... "colorful" character. In your case it was the latter. Your insults and language are not welcome there. Since you reached out, I have removed you from the ban list. Please be more considerate of everyone else in the future. We're (mostly) all new and just want to have a good time, the same as you :)

If you ban anyone who is more experienced and who you can actually learn from all of those newbies that come to your server will never really improve. Not to mention that that "noob stomping" criteria can be really open too much to interpretation.
I say this because on my clan's duel server we have a LOT of newbies coming in daily and most of them get help by those same "noob stompers" who they lose to. If they have no one to ask for help after they get stomped, they won't progress.

I totally understand where you're coming from and respect your opinion. I never said that people are banned just because they're more experienced. You don't have to be new or even bad to be on the server. There are plenty of experienced people who come by, help others out, and just have fun with everyone else. That's no issue at all. But when someone comes along just to have a field day on new players, that's when they're asked to tone things down.

I started the server as a new player looking to play with other players around my skill level to get my bearings. Sure, that may not be the best way for everyone to progress, but I think that's okay. I'm just looking for a place to have fun and enjoy MB2 with like minded players and apparently there's a good amount of others out there looking for the same. If someone wants to move on to a server like your clan's after they've gotten down the bearings, I'm happy for them, or if they just want to stick around, all the better. I don't think all servers need to be the same. I think it's good to have options for different people who may not agree with how you or I like to play.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I don't know about the other vets, but I don't see that server as tempting to go to. Sure stomping is fun but it gets boring quick. Let them have their "casual" server. If they want to play with the "average" player (which is probably the 70th percentile of players now with all these noobs) then tR, AOD, or whatever other clan server is the way to go. Don't really see Official servers popped too much, wonder why

edit: Hey @UDrew, dont worry about what anyone has to say about your server. You run it im assuming you have whatever you want bud no one is gonna stop ya. you got decent pops so you got something working

D

Deleted member 1872

I totally understand where you're coming from and respect your opinion. I never said that people are banned just because they're more experienced. You don't have to be new or even bad to be on the server. There are plenty of experienced people who come by, help others out, and just have fun with everyone else. That's no issue at all. But when someone comes along just to have a field day on new players, that's when they're asked to tone things down.

I started the server as a new player looking to play with other players around my skill level to get my bearings. Sure, that may not be the best way for everyone to progress, but I think that's okay. I'm just looking for a place to have fun and enjoy MB2 with like minded players and apparently there's a good amount of others out there looking for the same. If someone wants to move on to a server like your clan's after they've gotten down the bearings, I'm happy for them, or if they just want to stick around, all the better. I don't think all servers need to be the same. I think it's good to have options for different people who may not agree with how you or I like to play.

... Then I suppose those new players will just never get that much better then. I learned all I know from Open simply by playing against more skilled players. I never had to spam anyone in chat to learn much about the game's mechanics - it is a game after all. Of course I have asked a few questions here and there in chat that were answered by kind and more experienced players but I never felt as though I was entitled to those answers because again, it is a game and everyone's just trying to have a good time. You can defend your server's "rules" as much as you want to but if that's how you intend to continue running your server, then don't be surprised when these players continue to get 'stomped' against those who know better.

The only reasons anyone is banned from that server are because of either noob stomping or for being an, umm... "colorful" character. In your case it was the latter. Your insults and language are not welcome there. Since you reached out, I have removed you from the ban list. Please be more considerate of everyone else in the future. We're (mostly) all new and just want to have a good time, the same as you :)
Oh thank you @UDrew I'll make sure my manner is much better. sorry for the over due apology

If you ban anyone who is more experienced and who you can actually learn from all of those newbies that come to your server will never really improve. Not to mention that that "noob stomping" criteria can be really open too much to interpretation.
I say this because on my clan's duel server we have a LOT of newbies coming in daily and most of them get help by those same "noob stompers" who they lose to. If they have no one to ask for help after they get stomped, they won't progress.

This is the exact reason I don't think anyone should play on that server. I got better at the game not because I played with bad players, but because I got my ass handed too me by the good players. You can not learn how to be better with out having other people who are better than you, forcing you to make better decisions, and forcing you to become a better player.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, but I feel like this is straying too far from the original topic, which was about an unban request that wasn't even posted in the right subforum in the first place. If you'd like to provide more feedback, please create a post on an appropriate subforum or PM me and I'd be happy to discuss it there. I just don't want to clutter up this subforum with off topic discussions.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Alright, in that case I shall lock this thread. Please feel free to create another one if you wish to discuss this server. I might pop by later to say hello to some new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.