Asylum Warzone -Maps- Poll

Asylum Warzone: dotf 24/7 or rtv/mapcycle?

• Total voters
Hi dear community!

I would like to ask you for a poll:
would you like to play the server on dotf 24/7 or RTV/mapcycle mode?

dotf only? Heck no, since I started playing I feel like it has been in this one 80% of the time, the map is fun but it would be pointless to have other maps if we do just the "metro" of BF3 over and over again.

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
DOTf must die in flames, get buried, and forgotten. Servers without dotf in map lists at ALL are only servers worth playing, TBH.

LoU

R2D2
DOTf must die in flames, get buried, and forgotten. Servers without dotf in map lists at ALL are only servers worth playing, TBH.
Yes, and no. It's not like dotf is a bad map for open gameplay, but playing ot over and over again proved that servers with dotf 24/7 can lead to loosing player base. And.... come on, one map all the time? As hell boring. Personally, I'm fine with making this map disappear, there is a lot of good maps. Dotf is ok with 12-14 ppl max. 32v32 24/7 is suicide.

Cat Lady

Obviously i was exaggerating (but only a tiny, tiny bit) on purpose. In all due honesty, though, I have played on this damn map so many hours, that I could not see it again for YEARS, and would be perfectly happy with it. MN2 have many good quality maps (and dotf is lacking on that department quite a bit, despite being good map on average).

Reactions: LoU

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
But dotf is still the most popular map, according to the voting:
[flame] Favorite map | Movie Battles II Community
And servers running dotf are pretty often on top of server list ordered by number of players.

Albeit it's possible to pay a lil more attention to maps other than dotf, you can't just close your eyes to its popularity. Ignoring people's opinions could lead to ignoring a server by the people.
would you like to play the server on dotf 24/7 or RTV/mapcycle mode?
Well, any of three is worth to be used.

dotf-only can give your server stable popularity since there's so many players keep loving this map.

RTV gives players feeling of participation/complicity. After all, having an opportunity to choose something that is related to you is better than not having.

Rotation/cycle allows to play maps which couldn't get through the RTV.
“A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them.”

Last edited:

Cat Lady

I did this experiment with RPi servers - no dotf in maplist was first thing that I thought of. Not complaining about lack of popularity (would be even higher, if not for saber clash cpu spike bugs - hopefully fixed in next release).