ARC Westar M5 Shotgun attachment

Given the class's apparent lack of real oomf, and open's lack of a shotgun... What are your thoughts on such an option? It'd be a nice twist of heavy armor, high [albeit predictable] mobility, and bursty front end short range prowess.

wouldn't it be OP vs saberists? it makes them easier to hit with single shot at short range, probbably would drain more FP too
on the other hand setting low dmg for shotgun would make it too meh

Impossible to say given lack of hard #s and other variables that would outline the validity of any theoretical tactics. In FA the shotguns were potent, but had slow RoF. Not to otherwise mention that a large majority of sith/jedi kills are on targets prone thus unable to fight.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
What lack of oomf? I'd say ARC is pretty powerful with the M5 buffs last patch, and the stamina/dex changes made ARC a pretty big threat to sith. M5 sniper attachment can practically be used as a shotgun. Beyond it not making much sense for an attachment to somehow turn the rifle into a shotgun, I think shotguns would be better off in the hands of a class like ET or commander.

If you want more oomf from ARC, I think changing the rocket launcher somehow to be less gimmicky would be the way to go.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Giving commander another weapon that isn't a fully automatic spray cannon would be cool. Before I'd have been against the idea of having shotguns in the game, but now I don't really know why, if it's at least done correctly.

But yeah, no to Arc, I think the class is strong enough as it is.

Cat Lady

I, for one, think that Arc's shotung (*exclusive* with Westar M5) could be interesting.

How about giving soldier (or some other class that saberists used to dominate) a 4-shot shotgun with 12 spare shells, moderate spread (to make it more useful on medium range and not too easy to use at point blank) 3 bodyhit kill, knockback effect (i mean push target few feet away, not flip), balanced damage, possibly magazine reload system and some really cool sound effect?
Nevermind, just thinking out loud

Maybe let's not treat shotgun as another blaster
There's some crazy idea in my mind
Since saberists have alredy damage reduction, maybe shotguns should partially ignore their defence and hit them just with little damage and strong push effect? Oh wait that's what blobs are for

Anyway, if you can understand any of this, what do you think?

Supa

The Serial Stacker
We need to think about how this would affect the dynamic of the game. My main concern years ago when this was last brought up (and I was around to give my own input on it) was that it would one shot far too often, and if not done correctly would just be another useless feature added to the game.

At close range the chance of the entire spread hitting a target is highly probable, so if we do decide to implement a shotgun for open mode it would need to have literally perfect values that took into account random spread and hit location modifiers. Hard to do, but not impossible.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
ARC right now is the most powerful it has ever been. I think a shotgun style weapon would be better suited to another class (or even a new one).

I agree Spaghetti. It'd be hard to balance between close/medium/far range, and ARCs do not need more tools.

ARC right now is the most powerful it has ever been. I think a shotgun style weapon would be better suited to another class (or even a new one).

I agree. I think ARCs, as they are right now, are way OP. Being able to shoot and kick while getting up already makes them pretty insane. If you give them a shotgun on top of that...

I agree. I think ARCs, as they are right now, are way OP.

It is agreeable that ARC is strong, but overpowered? Among the normal frequency of players I rarely see people taking advantage of this "overpowered" class. Playing the class at an average skill level won't exceed the confines of what it takes to be a strong class. Playing the class at a high skill level should reward the player for the time invested in learning the class to its full potential. Finally we all know what a low skill level ARC looks like...usually ending in an explosion of some sort.

Having reviewed patch 1.3 (Not tested just yet) I can definitely see the reticence to buffing the class further by adding a powerful anti-sith weapon in conjunction with the firing getup. I still want to see a shotgun in open, and preferably on a single life class as ETs and soldiers are already humbly stacked by their very essence of lives, and access to the well-learned EZ-11

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I think shotguns could be implemented in soldier class. You could choose between E-11 or shotgun (from FA?)

no not for soldiers or atleast rly expensive (cuz 3 lives etc)
I would say shotguns for commander or a new class