arc trooper roll bug

I don't know what triggers this, but sometimes when i press the roll key (class special for arc) it doesn't roll at all. What's more, the cooldown triggers so i can't try rolling again until it drops.
build used is P3, Dex3, Sta3, Armor3, Ammo3
Recorded one of these things in the demo, it starts at around 0:55 demo-time. Note the cooldown meter

Attachments

• LastDemo_recording.zip
    434 KB · Views: 242
did you actually find out why this happens? care to share some technical details? this might be interesting...

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
It wasn't allowing you to roll into a wall cause it looks unnatural, but sometimes, the detection was temperamental. We decided that gameplay > cosmetics, so it is fixed now.

Stassin

Donator
did you actually find out why this happens? care to share some technical details? this might be interesting...
It happens because ARC roll/dive was poorly coded. The game detects whether there is something solid in front of you and if there is and it's too close, it prevents the roll/dive from happening, but this was done separately from cooldown activation such that there actually was no way to fix the cooldown activating even though you didn't roll/dive at all, except by re-coding the entire feature from scratch. Which in the end i didn't bother doing, since as Cat Lady said, we decided that gameplay > cosmetics, so it was incidentally "fixed" due to another change occurring.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
People thought I was crazy for the longest time. Are sure you weren't reloading? They asked me. Are you sure it wasn't on cooldown? They asked me.

It felt so much better being able to roll whenever I wanted, regardless of any possible obstructions.

People thought I was crazy for the longest time. Are sure you weren't reloading? They asked me. Are you sure it wasn't on cooldown? They asked me.

It felt so much better being able to roll whenever I wanted, regardless of any possible obstructions.
Oh Supa. I had the same shit for years.

Finally. this has been bothering me for ages, and everyone always though I was just a sore loser who ignored the cooldown. Yeah, after my backroll fails to happen 3 times in a row, pffft.

It wasn't allowing you to roll into a wall cause it looks unnatural, but sometimes, the detection was temperamental. We decided that gameplay > cosmetics, so it is fixed now.
w t f

this awful bug was introduced cuz it looked bad? >=(

arc will now go from "unplayable" to just bad

Supa

The Serial Stacker
No, it was introduced because it looked bad, now it will look bad but it will respond much better.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
I actually disregarded the first part of your post and read the second part instead. :|