•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] application load error "non-steam" cant change to mbii engine

my friend just installed this mod. when trying to launch, it has the infamous application load error message. when i go to settings to change it to the MBII engine, it is shaded out, with no "steam integration" checkbox available.

he has installed MBII and JKA to a different drive, G:, which steam is connected to...since he can play all this games.

any ideas?

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Steam doesn't allow to run JAMP from Steam Library via steam's api :) Blame Gaben :)
Since MBII Engine is not part of steam's JediAcademy it's not possible to integrate it with steam client.

Im not sure i understand...

He moved his jka install to the normal steam path...c:programfiles (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/jedi academy...

However when reinstalling, it keeps saying its corrupted or something? i havent been able to look for myself cuz he keeps reinstalling with the same effect.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
However when reinstalling, it keeps saying its corrupted or something? i havent been able to look for myself cuz he keeps reinstalling with the same effect.
What exactly happens? What actions lead to error?
Stop retelling and start posting direct quotes (and/or screenshots) of all error messages you've got.

MBIILauncher.exe should be placed in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData.

What path is set in MBII Launcher's settings?

I got it working, he never fixed the install path, i think. ..once i changed it it worked just fine, even though it looked like it was the right path. I'm not sure exactly what was wrong at first but it's fixed now, thank you for your time.

Hello, I'm new here
I just downloaded and installed moviebattles, when I want to join a server however I get a strange eror which won't leet me play.
Any idea why this might happen?