SERVER AOD VPN Protection

Starting this week AOD servers will be protected from vpn's by a script that detects and automatically bans any IP that is registered as a vpn. The reasons for this implication is simply it gets old to have to ban the same people for the same thing everyday because they are willing to pay for a vpn service. We will be testing it periodically for the next couple days and assuming these tests go as planned the script will be fully live starting Saturday. If for some reason you must use a vpn on our servers we do have the ability to make exceptions on the IPs, and you can pm me either here on these forums or for a faster reply pm me on the AOD forums.

Best regards,
AgentGibbs

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Tested, not banned :) Devs detection i guess.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Good on AOD for doing something about VPNs. Hopefully this is more widely used.

LoU

R2D2
Good on AOD for doing something about VPNs. Hopefully this is more widely used.
The thing is. There are services which are not registered as Proxy Providers, so I can have VPN with IP presented as Broadband :) Something like AnchorProxy or GhostVPN is easly bannable, but who would use that "VPN". lol.

It would of been smarter to just not say anything.
It'd be unfair to those needing to use a VPN to be targeted and nothing being said about it on forums, which is the reason for the public post I believe. There is a chance with a script like this that some people could be wrongfully banned, and AOD doesn't want to exclude anyone off of their servers.

Last edited:
It'd be unfair to those needing to use a VPN to be targeted and nothing being said about it on forums, which is the reason for the public post I believe. There is a chance with a script like this that some people could be wrongfully banned, and AOD doesn't want to exclude anyone off of their servers.

People with common sense would of just went to the AOD forums and said "Why I am banned, here is my IP." Then, you can explain privately from there...just like people do here when they get banned if they care enough. Announcing that you have now added a security measure against VPNs is as effective as saying "Hey guys, please attack us." This feature also does nothing vs people with dynamic IPs. Of course you all are free to do whatever you want with your server. This move just wasn't smart IMO.

D

Deleted member 449

People with common sense would of just went to the AOD forums and said "Why I am banned, here is my IP." Then, you can explain privately from there...just like people do here when they get banned if they care enough. Announcing that you have now added a security measure against VPNs is as effective as saying "Hey guys, please attack us." This feature also does nothing vs people with dynamic IPs. Of course you all are free to do whatever you want with your server. This move just wasn't smart IMO.
Y'know this reminds me of some lines from a very particular game..
"Statement: But you said so yourself. You have just admitted your own weakness.
Conclusion: You have just shown me your soft, meatbag-like underbellies, and said "HK-47, please shoot me repeatedly there until I die.""

LoU

R2D2
Well.

There is also g_needpass and g_filterban (only ppl on banlist can join server).
You can also shutdown server and share IP through hamachi.