An epic montage of Movie Battles 2 - set to EPIC music!

Hey guys, Im working on some longer more epic cuts but here is a nice montage of around 100 kills and deaths
If you like this stuff please subscribe and share it about as it will help me out ALOT xD <3
"
"

Ive been using Fraps but this seems like it has alot more to offer, thanks for the heads up! hopefully have a nice shiny new video soon using this tool!!

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Ive been using Fraps but this seems like it has alot more to offer, thanks for the heads up! hopefully have a nice shiny new video soon using this tool!!

There's nothing wrong with fraps. Jamme is an additional tool that can serve as a recording into avi's, but I prefer setting up the cameras with jamme while recording with fraps or dxtory. If you use jamme to record images into avi, you have to go through numerous annoying steps and sync the sound, which is an unnecessary hassle.

A few things that would vastly improve your videos. /cg_fov 97 /seta cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 1 /seta cg_thirdpersontargetdamp 1 These zoom out the view a little, to the maximum in public though in jamme you can use any fov you like so you can zoom out further if you want. The damps prevent the annoying sway.
Also, since you don't have cg_fov 97 (which should be standard in MBII btw, like the damps at 1), you might also find that rate 35000 snaps 40 and cl_maxpackets 100 are useful cmds when playing. If you have 80-100+ ping you can try /cl_timenudge -15 or 25 or smth but don't set it to beyond -50.

As for video processing, it's best to record in Fraps raw output aka no compression. Larger file sizes but better for quality. If your pc can handle it, I also recommend 60 fps and 1080p or full size instead of half size. Even if you eventually decide to shrink it to 720p, recording full size 60fps will end up producing a much crisper image. Also make sure you don't lower the bitrate below 10k in the video editing software.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
There's nothing wrong with fraps. Jamme is an additional tool that can serve as a recording into avi's, but I prefer setting up the cameras with jamme while recording with fraps or dxtory. If you use jamme to record images into avi, you have to go through numerous annoying steps and sync the sound, which is an unnecessary hassle.
Do not scare him. jaMME can capture into any format since last spring. HQ mp4 by default though.
And capturing through jaMME you will have ALL frames captured and lags (on models loadings or connections) won't affect the final output and the video will be smooth.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Do not scare him. jaMME can capture into any format since last spring. HQ mp4 by default though.
And capturing through jaMME you will have ALL frames captured and lags (on models loadings or connections) won't affect the final output and the video will be smooth.

I didn't know. Maybe I'll check it out.

some kills look very basic/meh. try get some cooler kills!
This wasnt about getting cool kills :) it was just to show a balanced montage of kills/deaths over a few hours of playing, but thanks for your feedback! it really does help me to know what people enjoy and what is meh :)

A few things that would vastly improve your videos. /cg_fov 97 /seta cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 1 /seta cg_thirdpersontargetdamp 1 These zoom out the view a little, to the maximum in public though in jamme you can use any fov you like so you can zoom out further if you want. The damps prevent the annoying sway.
Also, since you don't have cg_fov 97 (which should be standard in MBII btw, like the damps at 1), you might also find that rate 35000 snaps 40 and cl_maxpackets 100 are useful cmds when playing. If you have 80-100+ ping you can try /cl_timenudge -15 or 25 or smth but don't set it to beyond -50.

As for video processing, it's best to record in Fraps raw output aka no compression. Larger file sizes but better for quality. If your pc can handle it, I also recommend 60 fps and 1080p or full size instead of half size. Even if you eventually decide to shrink it to 720p, recording full size 60fps will end up producing a much crisper image. Also make sure you don't lower the bitrate below 10k in the video editing software.

Thanks sev!!! its a little much to wrap my head around but this actually made sense! ill try a few of those fov and damp cmds next time and see if it changes the final product! thanks again for your feedback much appreciated!!

Reactions: SeV