Amazing 1 day absolutely shit the next... why? (As a light saber user).

So I log in with a friend 2 days ago and we duel 1 on 1 a bit I lose about 19/20 times. I finally feel like I'm figuring out his strategy (attack close to people, hit from behind or side to instakill, knowing when to jump to land behind someone ect.) He logs off.I go into a duel server. I start to fight people about 20 different people are in there in total and I'm fighting all of them 1 on 1, 1 by 1. My KD ratio ends up being like 20/5 most matches and I feel like I've finally got a hold on the game. Leave game come back next day start off die maybe 10 times in a row I'm like WTF. Some guy tells me about Swing Blocking try it, still die, I learn about bp still die. I end up every match with a KD about 2/50 and some times 0. I'm charging people and whacking the hell out of them, playing it slow blocking a lot getting hits in, trying to get behind them, doing the same shit I did when I was kicking ass. die, Die, DIE, DIE, DIE!!! I fought and beat people on the first day who said that they had played for years... the day (today) that I was playing like shit I lost 5 times in a row to a player who said it was their first time on. THIS GAME FUCKING SUCKS IT SEEMS TO ME THAT IT IS ENTIRELY BASED ON LUCK!!! Where is the skill in winning multiple duels 1 night and then losing 98% of them the next? WTAF!

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Well, I assume on the first day you were playing against mostly newbies (there are TONS of newbies on now) and you learned faster than they did, and I assume on the second day you were playing against higher skill players, who should be able to consistently wreck even a smart newbie.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
You cant learn the game in 1 day. Sabering is a complex system

Everyone has good and bad days but you just got lucky one day and the other day is usual business for a newb

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
The learning curve is mad steep. It will take a while to get a hang of it.

That's how everyone starts, it's normal. Duel mode is usually full of people who have played for many years (usually you can dignify these by the clan that hosts the server, such as J| or GJO) or you can find servers that are full of people at your skill level. Although one thing many of us can agree on, and (as far as I know,) the developers are trying to improve, is the lack of being able to tell who's good and who isn't. Every duel looks the same, and you'll never know if your opponent is a master at the game or just started, until you actually duel them, and even then, it's a shot in the dark. Best of luck to you.

Thank you all for replying and trying to help a noob like me out. I'll admit that I was quite mad when I wrote that :mad: but I suppose I will just have to throw myself back in and keep getting my ass kicked until I finally start bringing some others down with me :) !!! You have all inspired me to try (and probably fail) AGAIN!!!!

That's how everyone starts, it's normal. Duel mode is usually full of people who have played for many years (usually you can dignify these by the clan that hosts the server, such as J| or GJO) or you can find servers that are full of people at your skill level. Although one thing many of us can agree on, and (as far as I know,) the developers are trying to improve, is the lack of being able to tell who's good and who isn't. Every duel looks the same, and you'll never know if your opponent is a master at the game or just started, until you actually duel them, and even then, it's a shot in the dark. Best of luck to you.
What clans are more for beginners? And for intermediates?

What clans are more for beginners? And for intermediates?
It's best to join a clan with at least somewhat skillful members so they can teach you

I think you'd have the most chance of getting into T.cult so join their server or ask one of their members (they're good for teaching new people) - their tags look like [cult:RANK]Name

there are other clans ofc, such as my clan Y4 or J| which are harder to get into. Just depends how seriously you want to take the game

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
@noel isn't that an EU clan? I mean, I suppose everyone should free to go to whatever servers or clans they feel like, but I'm.. ping-sensitive and for other ping-sensitive people I would recommend an NA clan.

Although that being said, I'm not actually sure which NA clan I'd recommend. I have a very limited awareness of each clan. tR has the worst reputation. AOD has a pretty mixed reputation and also is IMO intimidatingly massive, but I have no idea how well they train their newbies or anything. CB and EW strike me as "elite" clans but I know very little aside from that. FTG seems like a very cuddly newbie-friendly place, but it also creeps me out a bit, cuz it's run by a guy named FletcherTime, and I have to wonder if his real name is Fletcher, and then it's unnerving that his clan is just named after him. I mean, it's unnerving either way, that it's named after his username.

Aside: I just checked out your Yavin 4 Academy website and hot dang that's aesthetic as hell. Really neat website. But I guess that clan's invite-only right now because you're still setting things up.

@noel isn't that an EU clan? I mean, I suppose everyone should free to go to whatever servers or clans they feel like, but I'm.. ping-sensitive and for other ping-sensitive people I would recommend an NA clan.

Although that being said, I'm not actually sure which NA clan I'd recommend.

Aside: I just checked out your Yavin 4 Academy website and hot dang that's aesthetic as hell. Really neat website. But I guess that clan's invite-only right now because you're still setting things up.
Well yeah, is the guy from NA? might have missed that

if then join CB or something

and nah we've been going for almost 6 months now, we're invite only because we're trying to keep things small/only accepting people who seriously want to join (so we don't waste time teaching people who are going to leave after a week of playing). We also have a 1 Master 2 Padawan system, and Knights can take 1 Padawan so our numbers are limited by teachers as not to overburden them

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Well yeah, is the guy from NA? might have missed that
(His profile says Canada.)

edit: also ohh, pfft an invite-only Jedi Academy is sort of amusingly analogous to "We only take force-sensitives." You only take people who you see promise in. It's in-character.

(His profile says Canada.)

edit: also ohh, pfft an invite-only Jedi Academy is sort of amusingly analogous to "We only take force-sensitives." You only take people who you see promise in. It's in-character.
my mistake, the only real NA clan I could recommend would be CB, there was an NJO clan too which had same setting as Y4. Not sure if they're any good

and yes top RP clan 2018. it's mostly just based on interest and activity, if people are already friends with clan members, are active on the Discord/ingame etc.