Alternative to 'Wait' Command?

I need to run a script at a slow, constant rate; but the 'wait' command keeps me from moving. Is there anything I can use that can act as 'wait' or circumvent the inability to move?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
This thread is a duplicate of the one we already have, it isn't even supposed to exists.
Delaying/Repeating scripts
why not use macros instead?
What macros?
Not sure that will help, while it is related, it also states that "wait is disabled".
Anyway, I think OP is already have that program from Helix, so now his issue should be solved.
Wait is disabled
Not sure why you people repeat it over and over again.
I just tested it, "wait" command works both in jamp in MBII Client.
The problem is, exploring JA source code, I've got an impression that it's designed to block input for a duration of waiting, and this is exactly how it works: you can't move while "wait" is executing, can't use weapon, can't do anything, except from moving a camera.
So "wait" is just useless, and it's designed that way.

Maybe I get it wrong, maybe I wasn't attentive enough, and in that case I'm asking you to prove me wrong.
for a reason btw
As I said, "wait" isn't disabled, but if we imagine for one second it can work asynchronously, without blocking user input -- what's the reason to disable it?
And Helix, who is a member of the development team, has wrote the program that implement async delaying, and he distributes it on request.
He also said he's going to make it open-source.

Last edited:

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
What macros?
He probably meant mouse macros.
Not sure that will help, while it is related, it also states that "wait is disabled".
Anyway, I think OP is already have that program from Helix, so now his issue should be solved.
When you write a bind in-game (/bind key "commands") with "wait", you will get a message "Sorry, wait is disabled server-side". However, if you write it in a script file (I use autoexec.cfg), and (maybe) also use vstrs, then the block doesn't work and I really have no idea what can be done here to block it. I wasn't the one to have blocked it in the first place tho so this should be taken care of by them.
Imo, wait has no need to be blocked. It prevents script-writing beginners from actual self-development and is bypassable anyway. The main reason for it to be blocked was quickscope script, but nothing really prevents people from using mouse macros or side scripting languages apps.
but if we imagine for one second it can work asynchronously, without blocking user input -- what's the reason to disable it?
I'm almost certain there's some deep reason in the JKA engine why input block during wait is needed. Not like it's impossible tho.
And Helix, who is a member of the development team, has wrote the program that implement async delaying, and he distributes it on request.
Just to mention - me being a part of the dev team has no relation to this script. That is, no "MBII dev" knowledge is needed in order to write it.
I also don't distribute it on request. Only few people have it. Kimmy, Alice, Tempest, Pipex, Penekowski, Gr1meZ. Pipex and Gr1meZ also contributed in coding it. That is all.
He also said he's going to make it open-source.
Yes, I will most likely use Pipex' C implementation (originally the app is not C) and search for the ways to make it cross platform before actually OSing it.

Not gonna happen in few months tho. Gonna stay away from MBII for quite some time. Fuken irl.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
He probably meant mouse macros.
Once again, what mouse macros?
Probably something you can archive with third-party software? A lot of such software appears when I'm googling "mouse macros".
When you write a bind in-game (/bind key "commands") with "wait", you will get a message "Sorry, wait is disabled server-side". However, if you write it in a script file (I use autoexec.cfg), and (maybe) also use vstrs, then the block doesn't work and I really have no idea what can be done here to block it.
lol I didn't use /bind at all, I was testing it directly with autoexec.cfg lmao
Now I finally see what people mean by saying '"wait" is disabled'.
I'm almost certain there's some deep reason in the JKA engine why input block during wait is needed. Not like it's impossible tho.
No no no, you probably didn't get what I was talking about.
I know how JA engine works on this matter, I just asked Garth why does he think that disabling "wait" is a right, good thing to do.
He probably thinks that it may be used for cheating, but I just don't see it that way. And basing on your words, "Imo, wait has no need to be blocked", you don't see it that way as well.
Just to mention - me being a part of the dev team has no relation to this script.
Oh come on, we both know that they're tracking what dev team members do, and they forbid things they don't like.
"Puppy, you make dev team look bad" xD
I also don't distribute it on request.
Sorry, I just assumed it by this your sentence: "I wrote an external application which sends the commands to the game console directly, every 2000 ms. It's indeed an unlimited pool of possibilities but requires knowledge of the programming / scripting languages. Pm me if interested."
Kimmy, Alice, Tempest, Pipex, Penekowski, Gr1meZ
What's an interesting list... :D;)
Not gonna happen in few months tho.
Maybe I should wrote it... But I already have too many things to do irl =\

Last edited:

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Oh come on, we both know that they're tracking what dev team members do, and they forbid things they don't like.
Bullshit. I wrote the app for my own amusement and none from the dev team needs approval from others to use self-written apps (yes, im srs). Don't start this exaggerated slander.
None ever said a word against it, ever.
Except the day when my bot was saying black racist one-liner jokes (per request! the command was !imracist) on BG server and I was muted by vis :rolleyes: After like 30 mins of arguing. But even then she acted not like my code lead, but more like a BG server owner. So it can't really be a valid case.
Not like I stopped using the script, or saying racist jokes on other servers, but after all this is a BG server rule, so I guess I was wrong there.

P.S. Just fyi - saber color changer, skin color changer, chat parser - all one app.
P.P.S Answering "what mouse macros?" X7--Oscar

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Except the day when my bot was saying black racist one-liner jokes (per request! the command was !imracist) on BG server and I was muted by vis :rolleyes: After like 30 mins of arguing.
:D:D:D
P.P.S Answering "what mouse macros?" X7--Oscar
ok, third-party software/hardware.
I made this thread after I assumed the last one was done. I would've removed it if I could.
This thread already has some valuable replies, it should be merged with Delaying/Repeating scripts , not removed. Only moderators can delete/merge threads.