Advanced Recon Commando

After several years ARC'ing and as known Bouncer. I would like to share 2 wishes.

1. What do you say if the 3rd stage of stamina increases the running speed. Equivalent to the running speed of an Hero or Bounty Hunter?

Alternatively, bring this effect to the 3rd Stage for the dexterity-Perk.
Or even if stamina and dexterityon the 3rd stage was skilled. similar to "Force Repulse" -Skill-setup.

If this adaptation be made, is clear to me that something should be removed. When activating the MBII special 2, which activates the faster running.
This may have to be replaced in the case with the "Jedi Kick" [Use] -Spec2-button. Hold a gun and a kick is the result

2. Alternative to Pulse-Nades: Shock-Darts
This would allow the ARC Trooper completely new opportunities to assert itself against Deka or SBDs.

What I would be satisfied if the Pulse-Nades are cheaper like 2/4/6

Unfortunately, I have no idea how much effort would bring the adjustment with it.

So, what does the community think about this?

Cheerio CC-U11R

PS: english is not my native laguage :S

Last edited:
Am I missing something here?

Stamina already increases the running speed of arcs...So a buff to that?
And shock darts? So instant-gib pulse/shock?

That easy to use it'd be either too op or too weak if you were to balance it for fairness...
I think the stat distribution while buying pulse nades is fine...

Don't get it. t( :cool: )t

He means that instead of having to hit the button, you naturally have the new speed, and that the 'sprint' button would then do something else. In this case, it would be a BH kick, which BH's already have said ability, and we need to keep classes fairly unique so I'd say no to that ( even though I personally wish ALL classes could do it :p ).

Shock darts were not explained, do you mean them to act like a BH's poison dart, but for droid classes? I'd personally like that, but BH's already have darts...

Agree with the increase to running speed, but do -NOT- give ARCs a BH kick ability, they're already good enough as anti-Sith. As a trade off for this running speed, say it couldn't be accomplished with a westar 2 dex 3 armor 3 ammo 3 build.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
So many interesting ARC thoughts in these recent threads. Even more, you're actually suggesting swapping stuff out instead of just wanting buffs. Rare sight these days (not exclusively to the game).

For #1, I could see that as a possibility. Having it with dual pistols would probably be a bit much (can make them exclusive) however.

For #2, I think that would be a bit too strong. Pulses are already strong as is (especially mixed with sonic grenades). Having them be instant/hitscan would be pretty much borderline oppressive.

Might not hurt to lower pulse nade point cost by 2 per level or something but other than that, it'd be too much of a freebie.

Your ideas/points were easy to understand by the way (no language problem :)).

lemme add something about stamina
is it possible to make arc/clone regen stamina while standing still in sprint mode without having to press walk key? (ofc stop regenerating as he continues to sprint)
it would make more sense imo

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
How about instead of a weapon out melee kick like Bounty Hunter, it's the Base game double tap wall jump on a character kick down? It would take more initiative to perform and force close distance to more dangerous targets.

Also the M5 needs a larger ammo pool to be competitive with the pistols.

Sonichu

Donator
My suggestions, just spit balling here. I feel like ARC is 75% there, it just had a few rough edges.

- Reduce rocket cost to 10 per level but cap it out at max 3 instead of 6. Reduces rocket spam and opens up points for a class that comes up short.

- To make the EMP rocket a bit more useful, change it to an energy projectile that cannot be force pushed but does no physical damage on impact. This would allow ARCs to be a bit braver breaking Deka walls but not encourage spamming.

- 30% increase in ammo per M5 magazine.

- Reduce the rate of fire on level 1 of the M5 slightly.

- Increase point cost on level 2 of M5 and set the rate of fire somewhere between CR2 and CR3 from Clone Trooper.

- Reduce time on EMP grenade detonation when fired from the under-barrel grenade launcher.

- Add an alt-fire mode on sticky EMP's to proximity detonate when you invest points in to extra grenades above those included with the launcher.

Honestly, I don't think the M5 needs any tweaks beyond increasing the clip size & overall ammo pool, the gun costs 15pts and has the perk of being 100% accurate even when running at level 2 which gives it a lot of power, it just runs out of ammo far too quickly.
The ARC's overall ammo pool even with ammo 3 is 480 which translates to 240 shots due to the gun draining 2 ammo per shot, not a whole lot considering it's like 15+ shots to drain a Sith's FP with 5 - 6 fp drain per shot so that will either need an FP drain buff or more ammo in reserve, 480 at rank 2 and about 800 ammo at rank 3 which translates to 400 shots.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Honestly, I don't think the M5 needs any tweaks beyond increasing the clip size & overall ammo pool, the gun costs 15pts and has the perk of being 100% accurate even when running at level 2 which gives it a lot of power, it just runs out of ammo far too quickly.
The ARC's overall ammo pool even with ammo 3 is 480 which translates to 240 shots due to the gun draining 2 ammo per shot, not a whole lot considering it's like 15+ shots to drain a Sith's FP with 5 - 6 fp drain per shot so that will either need an FP drain buff or more ammo in reserve, 480 at rank 2 and about 800 ammo at rank 3 which translates to 400 shots.
Agree completely... Also it's 16 points, not 15.;) Just far too little ammo for a single life class. The same problem plagues E-11 for BH and Hero but it seems worse for the M5. If it only used 1 ammo a shot it would be just fine. The clip would be twice as big and overall staying power for the round increased.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
lemme add something about stamina
is it possible to make arc/clone regen stamina while standing still in sprint mode without having to press walk key? (ofc stop regenerating as he continues to sprint)
it would make more sense imo
This shouldn't be difficult to change.

How about instead of a weapon out melee kick like Bounty Hunter, it's the Base game double tap wall jump on a character kick down? It would take more initiative to perform and force close distance to more dangerous targets.
This is actually an interesting idea for dexterity.

Overall, it seems like the main complaints for the M5 are in regards to the ammo capacity as well as FP drains. I think the lower FP drains are to compensate for the maneuverability and stuff like getting pulsed preventing blocking (especially if you're going the route of sticky pulses, RIP blocking)..

Also the M5 needs a larger ammo pool to be competitive with the pistols.
I really like this. This fits the Arc playstyle too, slippery while still being hard to deal with up close.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Will have to see what everyone thinks about a kickflip like that but I already got the sprint + standing still regen put in :).

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Well just imagining it happen it seems super badass to watch. I really would not suggest the 20 damage like in base though haha. Good times for ARC.

Looking forward to it, adding new tools to make ARC-FU even harder to master and even more rewarding for said effort sounds awesome to me.

Loving the new change to the Westar M5 in 1.4.2, if the ammo drain on the M5 is reduced from 2 per shot to 1 per shot I think the gun will be pretty much perfect.

There are still a few issues with EMPs & the PLX though that could do with discussion. For the EMP nades I think it'd be fantastic to see a damage buff of some sort on those things when used against Dekas or SBDs, should be a very hard counter IMO otherwise it's generally not worth the 10pt investment for a single nade as it requires considerable follow up by your team and can be easily countered, which means that it's hypothetically worth less to an ARC than a frag grenade, at least that will deal solid damage and can be thrown in an impact detonation mode.

Alternatively, I'd personally like to see re-purposing another tool, give ARC access to purchase a 10 pt Clone Rifle which fires with the speed of rank 1 but provides you with 2 - 4 ion blobs, essentially a way to purchase a less effective EMP grenade/blast in terms of damage and AOE while being more numerous.

In short, the thought behind the concept should be that you take the Westar M5/Dual Pistols & EMP nade(s) for teamwork and when you know coordination is possible and people can follow up on your stuns and clone rifle with ion blobs for when you need more numerous EMPs with less AOE/damage to offset the fact that they're easier to use due to being a fired projectile.

Clone Rifle for ARC could be gimped if it starts overperforming/overtaking the role of the M5/duals as a primary assault weapon, the Clone Rifle in this concept is a defense weapon system that allows you to defend yourself just about adequately yet not to the extent of duals/westar m5 and without the offensive firepower (rate of fire) but also without the cost of said weapons and with more utility in the form of "free" ion blobs.

The PLX though is the PLX, I desperately want this thing to be worthwhile but, I don't see many people take this thing as anything other than a joke and unfortunately I don't think there's many ways to tweak this thing that wouldn't end up with it being either overpowered or un-fun to fight because quite simply it's just a 1-shot and/or knockback rocket launcher, maybe some additional rocket types would help? napalm rockets, gas rockets? Could provide another rank to the PLX that makes the launch SFX quieter or muted as a way to improve it I suppose but as said that might get very annoying, very fast.

Last edited:
basically m5 with more ammo in the clip
nah, too OP

eh, all sorts of ways to tweak it, wouldn't be a bad idea to gimp it in other ways such as being incapable of being used while wallrunning or performing arc-fu moves akin to the PLX in that regard, essentially just another way to get some sort of fairly numerous anti-deka/sbd tool without spending 10+ pts on EMP nade(s) that is easily countered and allowing you to fight with some degree of efficiency without wasting 30 points on nades, you'll likely have reserved like 40~ points for stamina, dexterity, armor and ammo so there's really not much to go around.

Last edited: