Activating Ragdolls in Movie Battles 2

2cwldys

Donator
Internal Beta Team
This is quite hilarious, but my friend told me about a ragdoll feature in movie battles called "broadsword"

You just go into console and type "/broadsword 2" and then kill an enemy or get killed and you are ragdolled, kinda funny - I don't know if it saves over into next match or next startup nor do I know how to deactivate it.. but It seems pretty fun and cool to use. This is ultimately realistic besides being shot by a rocket and exploded into oblivion.

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Yes, it's pretty cool considering how old the engine is. I kinda dislike however how the models usually crumble to themselves a bit too much. Rend2 folk on JKHub should update the ragdoll physics along with the other cool stuff they're working on. :p

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
iirc there's some other broadsword related cvars you can change too, and one day I fiddled around with all of em for a while to see if i could get a less crumbly result but didn't accomplish anything.

if you're in the market for goofy cvars there's also cg_fwoomp, which, if set to 1, will make it so the EE-3 sniper uses the M5 Nade Launcher noise, for some reason. Makes the gun feel a little like some kind of super airgun lol

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
if you're in the market for goofy cvars there's also cg_fwoomp, which, if set to 1, will make it so the EE-3 sniper uses the M5 Nade Launcher noise, for some reason. Makes the gun feel a little like some kind of super airgun lol
Also affects the A280 and DLT20a (since all 4 weapons use WP_FLECHETTE as a base). Back when M5 was first implemented, there was a bug that caused other people with the same "weapon" to use the same sounds as the M5 if an ARC with an M5 joined the game. One of the devs liked how silly A280's burst fire sounded with the bug and made cg_fwoomp to keep the bug as an optional feature. :p