A post complaining about saber combat.

I've been playing this game on and off for a few years, I left after the new dueling system was implemented however long ago and have only recently come back.

First off I'd like to state I'm not completely incompetent at dueling, usually I'm able to hold my own against the average player. I've read a few posts already complaining about how dueling works currently and to be honest I do think there needs to be some changes.

There are the obvious candidates like yawing, and the PB systems which require split second reactions to either pull off or counter, now I don't think yawing, or comboing with yaws would be that bad if the PB system was changed. Currently you have to aim at a specified area, where the blade is coming from which is attached to the player you're fighting. I think this is a problem, you could be looking directly at the saber while holding block yet not get a PB since you're looking slightly too far away from the player, resulting in a regular hit and draining BP, change this so that you're able to block by looking in the direction instead of needing to focus on the player as well and I think you'll see a vast improvement in the ability of players and the opinion of the current system. I think this is a problem due to how mobile Jedi/Sith are able to be, so focusing on the player is usually difficult if you're facing a skilled fighter.

Next up, yawing, now I know I said this wouldn't be too bad if the PB system was changed, but still there are some issues I have with yawing. Having someone with extremely fast yawing abilities while comboing can be sometimes impossible for the average and even skilled players to counter. Most players probably don't know common combo's or patterns during saber combat, thus making it difficult to even figure out whats going on, and some people able to do it fast enough can drain your BP in seconds. A possible solution to this would be to increase the BP drain from performing a combo, or have some sort of speed drain on BP. As BP is basically stamina for saber combat, you'd think that swinging something faster would drain more stamina no matter how heavy such as in real life, and so performing yaws or decreasing the time it takes for your saber to make contact in some way should apply a multiplier to the BP you have drained while performing the swing. For example, a regular swing could decrease your BP by 10, though if you sped up your swing or it made contact early, your BP would drain by 12 or 13 maybe, which through the course of a battle or even during a simple combo, it would add up fast.