•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue a couple of editing questions

so I simply trying to do some minor edits to enjoy movie battles and its a bit harder than JA but nonetheless
1. using this tutorial here, I changed my appearance but do all other players see the replaced model? I can't tell as people don't seem to react (no worries it's nothing bad but not star warsy either)
2. I've edited my sound files on the skin pack (taunts and pain) and when I try to taunt I hear a little 'click' and that's it and I don't know why.
what I did was took my desired sound file in mp3 format (the files aren't long or bigger than original) put it in over the original and renamed it exactly the same as it was before. also I'm curious even if I got it working, would others hear it? thanks

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
but do all other players see the replaced model?
lol
No indeed, only those who have explicitly downloaded your replacement pack will see them.
That applies to each and every replacement pack, indeed.

For example, some people uses Peneke's replacement pack, the most popular pack for MBII.
Those people see skins from that pack, not vanilla MBII skins. And you can't see Peneke's models, because you don't have that pack on your hard drive.
I've edited my sound files on the skin pack (taunts and pain) and when I try to taunt I hear a little 'click' and that's it and I don't know why.
Sound replacement for looping sounds.
A (Beginner's) Serious Question on Modding MBII
Sound problems - Modding Assistance - JKHub

i think I figured it out, my problem was the coverter I used which is realplayer, didn't have any mono opitions, so all the files were stereo which can't be used. ok makes sense.

so does the logic for models also apply for sound files? any noise/voice clip I change would just play whatever their sound is set to for their respective file? I'm guessing so

ok, so if a completely new and original model/sound/ whatever was added into a person's files, how does that get viewed (guessing others wouldn't hear anything if it was sound) for others? since they don't have a 'filler' slot to understand what said person has?

Last edited: