•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[EXPIRED] 999 ping spikes

Getting 999 spikes are not a common occurrence. Anymore:)

Perhaps some more info about your system specs, installation, connection settings?
Illumination is helpful in shining a light on the potential problem.

I get them in between rounds, random spikes during the round, and so forth. I join just fine, it takes a LONG time to join a server (it always has, though)

Installation wise, I always check integrity before starting up the game.

My internet's fine, actually. I never get Connection Interrupted, only lag spikes. I checked my Wifi, it's actually more than fine. That's not the problem lol. The server (AOD) is hosted in Dallas, Texas. Literally next door to where I live.

only time happens to me is inbetween rounds

not that internet matters when playing force whore since force whore is generally just hoping your enemy is really really stupid and being gud at melee

Karus

Donator
Have you changed your Network Settings within MBII?
Make sure you have:
Networking Rate > 25000
Max Packets > 100
Snaps > 40

Sammy

Master of Whispers
Donator
happens to me too. internet is fine as well.. happens randomly and i often die to it. otherwise my internet is a-okay

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
You also get 999 ping spikes if the FPS is super high. If you got com_maxfps 0 set it to a limit like 145 or 200 or 125 or whatever. Just not uncapped.
Other than that, 999 ping spikes are caused by packetloss. In general its not a good idea to change cl_packetdup to 2 or 3, but perhaps it helps if u got packetloss? Generally speaking that cmd should be 1 though.

No, you know what, NO. FUCK THIS GAME. I've had it up to here with the constant fucking crashes, the 999 ping spikes, the "Jedi Knight is not responding" bullshit. Alright? I'm tired of slamming my monitor out of pure fucking rage because the game won't do it's FUCKING job and work properly. Oh, and I checked my wifi. It's fine. It's this fucking game. All I want is peaceful fucking gameplay. Like 90% of the time I'm waiting for the fucking 999 ping spike to be done with it's fucking seizure so I can continue playing. If any of you know a solution to this fuckery, please let me know. I'm not buying a new monitor once I jam my fucking axe into it.

k4far

Banned
Donator
The solution to this wizardy.

Fine the kind gentleman DDosing the servers you are playing at you will do us all a favor.
If you are getting ping 999 for no reason it might be your router is just broken. I had a worse model than now it would slow down and disconnect me as a result of just working. A defective model.

Everything you described here is not being caused by the game, it is design itself but by your hardware and a specific person having fun breaking the game for others.

The solution to this wizardy.

Fine the kind gentleman DDosing the servers you are playing at you will do us all a favor.
If you are getting ping 999 for no reason it might be your router is just broken. I had a worse model than now it would slow down and disconnect me as a result of just working. A defective model.

Everything you described here is not being caused by the game, it is design itself but by your hardware and a specific person having fun breaking the game for others.
I dont think its someone causing servers to lag for him