•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher 1.4.4.1 update temporary issues thread

Like the title says, I just installed the new update and something changed, not sure what. Thanks in advance.

The new 1.4.4.1 update has released and I tried to update it. Tried.
The launcher tells me that there is a new update and if I want to update now, which I of course click yes, but this shows up

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

This BackgroundWorker is currently busy and cannot run multiple tasks concurrently

I clicked Details and this showed up.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: This BackgroundWorker is currently busy and cannot run multiple tasks concurrently.
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.RunWorkerAsync(Object argument)
at 7e:=@ws!\,8"F\*Q942p(-P\,a\..‍‍‌‬‭‍‏‬‫‭‭‮‮‫‍‌‎‏‎‭‪‏‬‮(Object , FormClosedEventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CheckCloseDialog(Boolean closingOnly)

I've uninstalled MB2 multiples times but when I install it, it instantly installs with both basic and full which is suspicious and I was right about that. It would only launch the Vanilla version of JA.

Am I doing something wrong?

tried that and got this error:
************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: This BackgroundWorker is currently busy and cannot run multiple tasks concurrently.
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.RunWorkerAsync(Object argument)
at 7e:=@ws!\,8"F\*Q942p(-P\,a\..‍‍‌‬‭‍‏‬‫‭‭‮‮‫‍‌‎‏‎‭‪‏‬‮(Object , FormClosedEventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CheckCloseDialog(Boolean closingOnly)

I'm trying to get MBII working, but whenever I open the launcher I'm told there's an update. I let it update, but it doesn't even seem to happen.
I'm using the MBII client, as the JAMP client gives the error to install in the steam directory.
Whenever I press play, I'm told there's a problem and I should try with administrator privileges, even if I am running the program as a Administrator.
If it helps, I have Jedi Academy installed in E: drive, steam is installed in C:

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Looks like an instance stuck in the background, kill it from task manager or if you can't find it restart your computer.

There was also an issue with the launcher not even trying to download files which should be fixed now.

Last edited: